Orion Construction Photos

IndyGuy4KI

1 hour ago, ThrillKingsFitzy said:

Hate to burst you bubble, but I could see that happening. Kings Island may not have as many coasters as Canada’s wonderland, but it still gets the better attractions, and I could see it get a Forbidden Frontier like area. 

I actually don’t think you are bursting @Hawaiian Coasters 325 Bubble. In another post they mentioned how it would be a great addition. I agree I think it would be a great addition. I would rather have a coaster in The Vortex spot but from a location stand point it would be perfect for a forbidden frontier attraction with a playground, restaurant and maybe even a flat ride. That would also help keep The Beast secluded. 

1 hour ago, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

I definitely think a Forbidden Frontier type attraction should come in the next few years. I don't know about The Vortex area though, but I'm not ruling out that area. 

I would love to see a Forbidden Frontier type attraction, just not in The Vortex pit. Put it closer to Kiddie land, maybe take out the picnic grove and put it in its place.  It would give  the wild west stuff from the train much better themeing and revitalize that area.  CP Forbidden Frontier is nice as it is in a quiet area of the park which allows the parents a chance to relax, and lets the kids have fun with out all the extra stimulus.  The Vortex pit would be the exact opposite of this and would be a huge failure IMHO.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, PilotDude said:

I would love to see a Forbidden Frontier type attraction, just not in The Vortex pit. Put it closer to Kiddie land, maybe take out the picnic grove and put it in its place.  It would give  the wild west stuff from the train much better themeing and revitalize that area.  CP Forbidden Frontier is nice as it is in a quiet area of the park which allows the parents a chance to relax, and lets the kids have fun with out all the extra stimulus.  The Vortex pit would be the exact opposite of this and would be a huge failure IMHO.

Plus it would be along the walk to Soak City. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, PilotDude said:

CP Forbidden Frontier is nice as it is in a quiet area of the park which allows the parents a chance to relax, and lets the kids have fun with out all the extra stimulus.  The Vortex pit would be the exact opposite of this and would be a huge failure IMHO.

So while relaxing on the hammock you never noticed that screaming giga overhead called Millennium Force?  

I guess if KI used Intamin instead of B&M there wouldn’t be noise complaints?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, SnakePlissken said:

Don't expand Planet Snoopy. Paramount did that once already at the expense of Rivertown. Planet Snoopy is big enough.

Expand it towards Soak City not into river town again. Yea I wonder when they rip that log ride out and put a flat in. Wish Kings Island had a bigger log ride

• Like 2

That is a good question maybe a construction worker could answer.  Which is better?  Working in snow or the mud after the snow melts?

When I was a full timer at Kings Island, I watched Banshee get built, and they would always use flame throwers to melt areas they are working in, mainly on footings

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 6

2 hours ago, SnakePlissken said:

Don't expand Planet Snoopy. Paramount did that once already at the expense of Rivertown. Planet Snoopy is big enough.

Says a coaster enthusiast. My 6 year old son has seen very little change in the area and he's not quite ready for the bigger rides. I wish they would add smaller kids rides in other sections of the park. So we don't have to walk all the way across the park for him to enjoy some rides

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, thatguyfromohio said:

When I was a full timer at Kings Island, I watched Banshee get built, and they would always use flame throwers to melt areas they are working in, mainly on footings

Flame Throwers?  Really?   My high school guidance counselor didn't tell me construction workers got to use flame throwers.  I am questioning my life choices right now.  :unsure:

25 minutes ago, flightoffear1996 said:

Says a coaster enthusiast. My 6 year old son has seen very little change in the area and he's not quite ready for the bigger rides. I wish they would add smaller kids rides in other sections of the park. So we don't have to walk all the way across the park for him to enjoy some rides

Its called a Shoulder Ride and only has a station wait.:D

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

Flame Throwers?  Really?   My high school guidance counselor didn't tell me construction workers got to use flame throwers.  I am questioning my life choices right now.

There’s an episode of build it bigger, where they are building a coaster and they show them doing it as well

• Like 2