Orion Construction Photos

IndyGuy4KI

10 hours ago, Kodistict said:

The turnaround has been topped off! It looks amazing!

Screenshot (125).png

Compare the heights of Orion and WindSeeker. This is a giga all the way. Orion a few feet shorter at most and that is made up by lower elevation at bottom of first drop. Haters can p*** off. lol    This is a massive ride that will probably be a better ride experience than most of the gigas out there.

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

Compare the heights of Orion and WindSeeker. This is a giga all the way. Orion a few feet shorter at most and that is made up by lower elevation at bottom of first drop. Haters can p*** off. lol    This is a massive ride that will probably be a better ride experience than most of the gigas out there.

This positive attitude is just what we need. Everything @presto123 said is 100% correct.And what's better is that this is a coaster we can call our own Giga. Not Cedar Point. Not any other park can claim this ride. It's ours.

• Like 10

31 minutes ago, Klabergian Empire said:

This positive attitude is just what we need. Everything @presto123 said is 100% correct.And what's better is that this is a coaster we can call our own Giga. Not Cedar Point. Not any other park can claim this ride. It's ours.

I have not noticed parks claiming rides of other parks in the past.  Is this a typical problem I have missed?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Klabergian Empire said:

Hate to change the subject, but does our park have the most B&M's? We will have one invert, one hyper, and one giga.

Nope, that honor goes to SFGAv with 5. Kings Island actually has an average ish number of B&Ms for chain regional parks.

• Like 5

Parks in North America and the number of B&M’s

Parks With 5 - SFGAv 
Parks with 4 - Carowinds, Cedar Point, SFMM, Six Flags Over Georgia, SFGA

Parks with 3 - KI, CW, BGT, BGW, SWO.

Parks with 2 - CGA, Dorney, Hershey, La ronde, Six Flags Fiesta Texas 

Parks with 1 - WoF, Knotts, Holiday World, SWSD, SWSA, SFNE, SFOT, SF St. Louis, KD, Dollywood, Silver Dollar City.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, King Ding Dong said:

I get that, but this Dippin Dots stand over here is OURS as well.  Not anyone else’s.  Along with everything else in the park.  I fail to understand the point.  

I believe the point is that 'giga' is a simplified statistical category that several coasters qualify for-while in reality every coaster is unique. Orion will be a ride experience unlike any other coaster anywhere--Dippin Dots taste the same here as they do anywhere.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, Ben43065 said:

Parks in North America and the number of B&M’s

Parks With 5 - SFGAv 
Parks with 4 - Carowinds, Cedar Point, SFMM, Six Flags Over Georgia, SFGA

Parks with 3 - KI, CW, BGT, BGW, SWO.

Parks with 2 - CGA, Dorney, Hershey, La ronde, Six Flags Fiesta Texas 

Parks with 1 - WoF, Knotts, Holiday World, SWSD, SWSA, SFNE, SFOT, SF St. Louis, KD, Dollywood, Silver Dollar City.

What is the third B&M at Canada`s Wonderland?  They have Leviathan and Behemoth.

1 minute ago, Kodistict said:

The more this ride is built, the more I wonder why the animation pov made it look so dull. I wasn't expecting too much out of this turn, mainly just the height. But it looks amazing!

It was the same thing really with Steel Vengeance at Cedar Point. Never did I think the forces would be that amazing from the POV.

• Like 5

3 hours ago, HandsUp said:

I believe the point is that 'giga' is a simplified statistical category that several coasters qualify for-while in reality every coaster is unique. Orion will be a ride experience unlike any other coaster anywhere--Dippin Dots taste the same here as they do anywhere.

Yes. Orion is unique and will give a fantastic ride when it opens.

• Like 2

On 12/17/2019 at 2:11 PM, flightoffear1996 said:

Says a coaster enthusiast. My 6 year old son has seen very little change in the area and he's not quite ready for the bigger rides. I wish they would add smaller kids rides in other sections of the park. So we don't have to walk all the way across the park for him to enjoy some rides

There are 4 in Coney, 1 in Action Zone, 1 in Oktoberfest and 3 in Rivertown (not to mention Boo Blasters which is technically international street but logistically in Planet Snoopy) that all accomadate kids from 46" down to no height requirement with an accompanying adult.