Orion Construction Photos

IndyGuy4KI

8 hours ago, Ben43065 said:

Parks in North America and the number of B&M’s

Parks With 5 - SFGAv 
Parks with 4 - Carowinds, Cedar Point, SFMM, Six Flags Over Georgia, SFGA

Parks with 3 - KI, CW, BGT, BGW, SWO.

Parks with 2 - CGA, Dorney, Hershey, La ronde, Six Flags Fiesta Texas 

Parks with 1 - WoF, Knotts, Holiday World, SWSD, SWSA, SFNE, SFOT, SF St. Louis, KD, Dollywood, Silver Dollar City.

Upon reading this, I was shocked to realize that Great Bear was Hershey's only B&M (when I visited in 2015). That doesn't matter as most of their coasters are fantastic, but it is interesting nonetheless...

19 minutes ago, Waltny said:

I have 20/16 vision and can not usually see anything worth viewing on that web cam now that it has moved toward the back. 
Anyhow, I was in the area and got a few decent ones worth posting for the sake of posting. 

are you the one that runs this f5 coasters?

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Ohio Coaster Boy 19 said:

Awesome nice to meet you! 

Thanks, likewise.  If your at the park often enough you have probably seen my son and I running around. He is in a few of the photos on the account.  

I saw I was getting a share or two from Hawaiian Coasters here so I figured I’d just share it myself as I’m usually getting time sensitivity shots(as in the pieces in the air). 

Lastly, is this what cell phone users are seeing? Or does it say go to Instagram to see post?  I’ve been sharing through Instagram as it keeps my photos centrally located across the various platforms and websites along with that fact a photo lifted off of Instagram is highly downrezed compared to the others. 
35D6F852-37ED-4F46-955A-39A5CBCC7455.png

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Waltny said:

Thanks, likewise.  If your at the park often enough you have probably seen my son and I running around. He is in a few of the photos on the account.  

I saw I was getting a share or two from Hawaiian Coasters here so I figured I’d just share it myself as I’m usually getting time sensitivity shots(as in the pieces in the air). 

Lastly, is this what cell phone users are seeing? Or does it say go to Instagram to see post?  I’ve been sharing through Instagram as it keeps my photos centrally located across the various platforms and websites along with that fact a photo lifted off of Instagram is highly downrezed compared to the others. 
35D6F852-37ED-4F46-955A-39A5CBCC7455.png

On my iPhone, the Instagram post is embedded into your post, and it appears like that. All of the pictures appear clear and look really stunning!

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, mikejenkins1 said:

So all large cranes dismanted and gone?

From watching the webcam yes, the two crawler cranes were dismantled right after the lift hill was finished, and the final large crane was dismantled a few days ago.  Currently I think there are only three cranes which are the two we started with and another larger crane with a boom attached to it. I could easily see the third larger crane leaving after they are done with the turnaround since all the elements following the turnaround are shorter.

• Like 3

52 minutes ago, TheFloppyDisc said:

From watching the webcam yes, the two crawler cranes were dismantled right after the lift hill was finished, and the final large crane was dismantled a few days ago.  Currently I think there are only three cranes which are the two we started with and another larger crane with a boom attached to it. I could easily see the third larger crane leaving after they are done with the turnaround since all the elements following the turnaround are shorter.

This brings up a question I have had in the back of my head for a while now, In Fury's construction, (note that many of Fury's elements are much smaller than Orion's) they used crawler cranes. But in Orion's construction, they are using cranes with tall booms attached to the top. Does anybody have any answers to this?

• Like 1

My speculation (and it's just that, speculation) would be that it is due to the terrain.  If I am not mistaken, Fury is on a much more level surface, which would allow the crawlers to move from spot to spot easily.  Not so with Orion.  Therefore, they needed to use a more mobile crane to get from place to place easily.  Again, just a speculation.....

• Like 8

43 minutes ago, CoasterNerd said:

Random question. But at what do you guys think is the 'Halfway Point'? Is it now since it's turning back, or is it once the turnaround is finished? 

I would have to say now since its turning back. It has gone the farthest it can and its literally turning around back to the station. It will probably be similar to DB and Banshee since they (sort of) worked in the direction of the ride. My prediction is the last piece will be the piece that connects the rest of the ride to the brake run, just like DB and Banshee.

• Like 2

I took this one on Wednesday night, which was either the first or second night that the large red crane was finally taken down. I also found out how to export my photos on mobile with a watermark and I’ll test the waters to see how posting here goes. 

FDC6A648-912D-4162-9C19-AD0F90B171EC.jpeg

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, CoasterNerd said:
20 hours ago, FUN&ONLY! said:

On my iPhone, the Instagram post is embedded into your post, and it appears like that. All of the pictures appear clear and look really stunning!

Good, I saw it both ways on my computer and iPhones. 

17 hours ago, CoasterNerd said:

Random question. But at what do you guys think is the 'Halfway Point'? Is it now since it's turning back, or is it once the turnaround is finished? 

I think the halfway point may be further down the line than the turn around, but it also depend on where you are measuring from and to. If it’s station to station, I’d say maybe at or after the speed hill. If it’s from the station to the brake run, the peak of  turn around may be it? Sure makes it seem very short... 

Edited by Waltny
Didn’t mean to quote coasternerd and now it’s all jumbled
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

49 minutes ago, Waltny said:

I took this one on Wednesday night, which was either the first or second night that the large red crane was finally taken down. I also found out how to export my photos on mobile with a watermark and I’ll test the waters to see how posting here goes. 

FDC6A648-912D-4162-9C19-AD0F90B171EC.jpeg

what app did you use to put the "watermark" 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Ohio Coaster Boy 19 said:

is that an app on the app store or you talking about Adobe Light room?

Lightroom mobile, paying 4.99 a month.

2 hours ago, JonahWilliamson said:

Another piece going up?

The track should be soon as they have the front piece of that support in now.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1