Orion Construction Photos

IndyGuy4KI

I have noticed time and time again that this coaster often appears a bit shorter/smaller in pictures because the supports and track pieces are so massive that you have no visual scale to go off of. When you see a picture with workers or something, then you realize the massive scale of this thing.

• Like 5

16 hours ago, IndyGuy4KI said:

That is an awesome pic!

Thanks! It’s a photostitch/photomerge where I took 12 photos with a focal length that obvious didn’t fit the entire coaster in and went back later and megered(or stitched if you prefer) them together so I would have a much larger photo size to work with. I’m going to guess it could print at least something in the 3x5 feet range with no real degradation in photo quality. 

2 hours ago, CedarIslander said:

It's been a month or so since I've been on here, and haven't seen any updates on Orion since then either... happy to see we're at the turnaround already!! Man, this is one good looking coaster! And @Waltny, that is a gorgeous photo!! Do you mind if I use it as a desktop background at work? 

Sure. Anyone ask about it just tell them to check out our Instagram as there is more of that there and more yet to come. 

• Like 1

I don't have a picture of it sadly. But I was on I-75 going south towards Monroe, there is a place where there are no trees where you can see the KI skyline off in the distance. I wish I had my phone out ready because even from that far away, I could see Orion and just how massive it is!! It is huge, from that far away, it looked about as tall as Drop Tower, WindSeeker and the Eiffel Tower!! Just thought I'd share that with y'all, maybe someone can try and get a picture but I'm gonna try on a day where the weather is perfect!! 

• Like 4

4 hours ago, CoasterNerd said:

I don't have a picture of it sadly. But I was on I-75 going south towards Monroe, there is a place where there are no trees where you can see the KI skyline off in the distance. I wish I had my phone out ready because even from that far away, I could see Orion and just how massive it is!! It is huge, from that far away, it looked about as tall as Drop Tower, WindSeeker and the Eiffel Tower!! Just thought I'd share that with y'all, maybe someone can try and get a picture but I'm gonna try on a day where the weather is perfect!! 

I75 south to Morone? So before exit 38? That’s a quite a distance, even as far south as exit 28 would be also. 

Now on I71  at the 28 exit you can see Orion towering above the park(all 3 hills) and I think it’s scale is more correct from there. I’ve been wondering on where I could stop or walk to get the shot but have decided it not worth the risk... that is unless a blazing sunset presented its self and I had a few mins to spare.

3 hours ago, Delirium13 said:

I know it's probably been said before but that drop is insane and the angle may just make it one of the best paced gigas. Looking more forward to this thing with every update.

Agreed! I was driving back home today after helping a friend move and from Kings Mills Rd, I realized just how steep that drop is; I'd never noticed it like that before!

• Like 2

7 hours ago, CoasterNerd said:

To get to Kings Island, I pass by a shopping center called Liberty Center, and there is a spot where you can see The Eiffel Tower and Orion all the way from there if you have a good eye. It looks amazing!

• Like 7

On 12/21/2019 at 4:53 PM, Waltny said:

I75 south to Morone? So before exit 38? That’s a quite a distance, even as far south as exit 28 would be also. 

Now on I71  at the 28 exit you can see Orion towering above the park(all 3 hills) and I think it’s scale is more correct from there. I’ve been wondering on where I could stop or walk to get the shot but have decided it not worth the risk... that is unless a blazing sunset presented its self and I had a few mins to spare.

Yeah, there's 2 spots. I can't remember if they are both after you pass by Solid Rock Church. Or one before and one after. It's in the distance. I just think it be a good pick to get the KI skyline between the 2 big hills. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, CoasterNerd said:

Yeah, there's 2 spots. I can't remember if they are both after you pass by Solid Rock Church. Or one before and one after. It's in the distance. I just think it be a good pick to get the KI skyline between the 2 big hills. 

Ill look for it the next time Im heading back down 75, probably be Thursday.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Waltny said:

Ill look for it the next time Im heading back down 75, probably be Thursday.

I only saw it cause I know there is a spot when your going down 63 up past Miami Valley gaming. But when you on the highway you get a better view of it, as long as its not too cloudy. Also, in Middletown where the 2 big water towers are. I think it's Cincinnati Dayton when you going towards Monroe. You can see KI from there. Not sure if you'd be able to make out Orion or not. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Legofan237 said:

I thought they would deliver the cars after the track work was completed, but I guess not.

I don't believe the trains have to arrive exactly when the track work is done. If they wanted to, they could recieve the trains before they erect the first piece of track. But I see what you are saying.:lol: