Orion Construction Photos

IndyGuy4KI

I've been watching the cam pretty intently and I haven't noticed any new changes since the last large support went up on the 20th of this month.  I would guess construction will resume after New Year's Day, but the forecast doesn't look great for Thursday or Friday so it may be next week before things pick back up again.

• Like 2

So Thursday starts the clock ticking again on construction continuing. 

Does the track start going up Thursday or will it be Monday? My guess is Monday but I’d like to be surprised otherwise. I think after the last part of the turn around goes in I won’t be able to get track going up till we hit the next air time hill, then the helix and I’m going to guess the last piece goes in over by the brake run. 

As for that, the next step after 

• Like 3

43 minutes ago, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

Source on that?

28 minutes ago, KIghostguy said:

Jamie Gaffney. That was the goal when I interviewed him December 9, I don’t know whether that’s changed or not.

Also the Dayton Daily News back on October 8th mentioned the same thing. They also mentioned that the 85° drop was going to be only 7 feet long which was mentioned in the other Orion thread. They interview Jeff Gramke. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Hueney020 said:

Also the Dayton Daily News back on October 8th mentioned the same thing. They also mentioned that the 85° drop was going to be only 7 feet long which was mentioned in the other Orion thread. They interview Jeff Gramke. 

That’s pretty normal to have reach your max steepness for only a few feet.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Maverick44 said:

There is currently a new support being put up!

I highly doubt that they’ll get that next piece in today as I’m guessing it’s going to be short like the other one, but they may both go in tomorrow morning.
With that said I am almost to my lookout point to see what’s going on.

• Like 1