Orion Construction Photos

IndyGuy4KI

Looking at the webcams, does anyone know where on the tower the cameras are located? Because looking at the camera, you are looking straight at the lift hill basically. Is it below or above the observation decks? I know the height of Orion is supposedly higher than the top deck of the ET, but I don't know how it would look from the top deck itself.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

Looking at the webcams, does anyone know where on the tower the cameras are located? Because looking at the camera, you are looking straight at the lift hill basically. Is it below or above the observation decks? I know the height of Orion is supposedly higher than the top deck of the ET, but I don't know how it would look from the top deck itself.

Above I believe, if you look at the Diamondback cam you can see the guard railing for the roof.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Kodistict said:

Here's proof, at the very beginning of the Banshee construction time lapse, the camera is tilted just enough to see people walking around. Keep in mind this is the exact same webcam as the Orion webcam.

You are correct.  It's also the lesser of 2 evils.  Ideally they'd point the camera more northward, but that would put a lot of non-property in view, which is just asking for trouble.

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, TheFloppyDisc said:

Looks like the speed hill has been topped off!

SpeedHill.JPG

Not too much of a surprise with the supports already in place low to the ground. I wonder how many pieces of the air time hill go in before she starts peaking over the treeline or at least get a support or track piece in the air. 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Waltny said:

Not too much of a surprise with the supports already in place low to the ground. I wonder how many pieces of the air time hill go in before she starts peaking over the treeline or at least get a support or track piece in the air. 

5 minutes ago, Maverick44 said:

I think they have to cross back under the wave turn now right?

Yeah, I will reference my previous picture, but they already have what I believe is the first support for the Camelback in place. So it will probably take atleast one maybe two more pieces of track from this support for it to be peaking out above the treeline.

SpeedHill_2.jpgLayoutSpeedHill.JPG

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, Maverick44 said:

I think they have to cross back under the wave turn now right?

Yes. They have to go up underneath it through the supports to come back out the other side. Im sure this may slow down the construction and it seems like it would have been a better idea to put it in before the supports for the wave turn as the POV makes it look tight in as it goes into the air time hill. 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, ThrillKingsFitzy said:

Yeah I agree. They could have the helix done or even the banked airtime hill near the end of the month. That speed hill is going to give insane air! And from the looks of the rendering, you are going to fly over that airtime hill.

Just think, the turnaround is  202 feet. That is a hyper high, almost the same as Magnum XL(205) and Mako(200) for example. So imagine hitting the apex with some extra speed(right now I have no idea how much, but Im sure its over the 10mph'ish chainhill lifts are) and cruising down the banked track to cut back over the other direction meeting this little speed bump along the way... I think its going to be on par with RMC ejector. That front seat is going to be insane for this element. 

• Like 5

17 minutes ago, ThrillKingsFitzy said:

No. Just wondering.

I don't want Maverick to be torn down if you're asking, because if it does, I may just start a riot.

25 minutes ago, ThrillKingsFitzy said:

Quick question. What would you do if Maverick were torn down and scrapped?

I would give up all hope for humanity. I don't ever think about it being removed because it is arguably one of the best coasters on earth. lol

• Like 4
  • Haha 1