Orion Construction Photos

IndyGuy4KI

27 minutes ago, Hueney020 said:

I hate how he makes it seem like it’s his photo. He kinda mentions Tony’s Welding but doesn’t actually credit them unless I am missing it. Great picture though they are moving along quickly. 

He does give credit.  

As someone who has fought the reposting of their photos, I think Instagram should embed a share button that would put the original posters name and link on the photo like the third party app does.

Without it, I think if you repost the first item in your post should be name, @  and # of person so it’s the most visible.  

• Like 3

Weather Is breaking here locally, but it’s really close to lunchtime so who knows if they’ll make any more progress. That element is still below the tree line and I cannot see it from any of the usual vantage points. Upper portion of the next support and track piece it should be game on again.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, silver2005 said:

If the rate they're going continues and the weather keeps going like it is, I'm guessing they'll be finished with track work by mid-February.  The only elements left are a camel back hill, the helix, and the curve up to the brakes. 

I wouldn't be surprised if they were finished by the end of the month.

• Like 2

Just now, Fishely said:

Love the photo! It’s great to see these close shots after watching the webcam for so long.

I originally didnt think there would be an opening in the tree line to get this without being unethical or straight up tresspass, but I didnt even have to get out of the car or leave the street. I have a shot of the spike of the beginning of the airtime hill but I have to heavily crop it to show it. Ill just wait for it to get over the tree line. 

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, silver2005 said:

Didn't expect that speed hill to have such a nice curvature to it.  It's gonna have a nice pop of air for sure. 

Definitely reminds me of the hills on Goliath/Titan...those are actually great sustained floater hills. Orion's shaping seems maybe more pronounced, so could well be more forceful. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, aj74205 said:

Definitely reminds me of the hills on Goliath/Titan...those are actually great sustained floater hills. Orion's shaping seems maybe more pronounced, so could well be more forceful. 

I just rode Goliath at SFMM for the first time yesterday, and if Orion is any more forceful than Goliath’s helix I might fully black out

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

9 hours ago, STLcoasters33 said:

I just rode Goliath at SFMM for the first time yesterday, and if Orion is any more forceful than Goliath’s helix I might fully black out

Those helices are intense, but I was just comparing the speed hills. Orion won't sustain that many positive Gs for as long anywhere in its layout.

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, IndyGuy4KI said:

The park is working on updating the 2020 website. The date seen has not been finalized and was used as a filler date. Please wait until the park publicly announces pass preview night to finalize any plans. 

This thing is burning like a dumpster fire out of control on the Facebook groups. 

• Haha 3

On 1/10/2020 at 1:18 PM, teenageninja said:

I wouldn't be surprised if they were finished by the end of the month.

I concur. In the grand scheme of things, April is NOT far away. The track work needs to be done so crews can proceed with things like concrete, wiring, landscaping, and testing. All of which needs to be done a fair amount of time before April 11.

• Like 4

I think they will be finished with track work by the last week of January, Afterwards the entire month of February and March will be the bulk of the testing phases. Trains are already arriving at the park, and I would not doubt that most of the electronic equipment has been completed. With the exception of the  Trim Brake on the Big Hill.

• Like 4