Orion Construction Photos

IndyGuy4KI

3 hours ago, TheFloppyDisc said:

True, the view from the MT cam looks pretty clear at this point and the hill they are working on currently is just a little bit taller than Mystic's lift hill.

Mystic’s lift hill is 109Ft and this hill is supposed to be 147ft. For closer comparisons in the park, it is 2 feet shorter than Vortex and 12 feet less than Banshee. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, lifetimecoaster said:

Seeing the scope of the actual real ride, it is going to carry a lot of speed through the whole ride. Some of these "small" hills are still huge!! 

It also makes me think this ride will be over in :50 seconds lol Just doesn't seem long enough to go 91mph. In my mind it feels like this will be over in no time lol

3 hours ago, Maverick44 said:

It also makes me think this ride will be over in :50 seconds lol Just doesn't seem long enough to go 91mph. In my mind it feels like this will be over in no time lol

You are probably close on ride time, but of course with loading/unloading the cycles will be close to that golden 3 min mark. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, IndyGuy4KI said:

Guys, the park has not released opening day yet. If you have to go googling to find a hidden page on the website it's probably not made public yet.

I thought I remember seeing that season pass preview was April 10 from 2pm-10pm.  Maybe that was in a dream though.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Waltny said:

You are probably close on ride time, but of course with loading/unloading the cycles will be close to that golden 3 min mark.  

I do expect a full ride on Orion will end up taking about 3 minutes:

-About 1 minute just to climb the lift hill: Orion DOES just have a chain lift and not a super fast cable lift like Millennium Force does. You will actually have some time to think "Oh crud this is actually really tall" during the ascent.

-1 minute of actual ride section

-1 minute of brake run until you return to the station

Granted this was likely by design, as it also gives the ride crews about 60 seconds per cycle to dispatch trains without too much stacking. With the fact Orion is likely not gonna have loose articles (will probably use lockers) this thing is gonna have awesome capacity (probably similar to Banshee's), which it will probably need on opening weekend as well as on busier days like July Saturdays and Haunt.

• Like 6

8 minutes ago, McSalsa said:

-About 1 minute just to climb the lift hill: Orion DOES just have a chain lift and not a super fast cable lift like Millennium Force does. You will actually have some time to think "Oh crud this is actually really tall" during the ascent.

Granted this was likely by design, as it also gives the ride crews about 60 seconds per cycle to dispatch trains without too much stacking. With the fact Orion is likely not gonna have loose articles (will probably use lockers) this thing is gonna have awesome capacity (probably similar to Banshee's), which it will probably need on opening weekend as well as on busier days like July Saturdays and Haunt.

I’m pretty sure at an ACE conference at Canada’s wonderland about 7 months ago, one of the speakers talked about expanding the bins that they have on Yukon striker to other parks and Kings Island was mentioned to maybe using this system 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, McSalsa said:

I’m pretty sure at an ACE conference at Canada’s wonderland about 7 months ago, one of the speakers talked about expanding the bins that they have on Yukon striker to other parks and Kings Island was mentioned to maybe using this system 

6 hours ago, Maverick44 said:

The 91 MPH happens at the bottom of the first drop correct? Yes, it's long enough to go 91 MPH.:lol: I'll take speed, intensity and airtime over ride length any day.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, tuxedoman52 said:

Not only do I have Good Friday off, but Maundy Thursday and the Monday after Easter too! I have a feeling I'll be getting quite a few rides on Orion opening weekendB)

Well I’m guessing you live in mason, I live in Indiana. Might go on pass holder preview night but that’s pretty much it until my birthday the next month.