Orion Construction Photos

IndyGuy4KI

Correct me if I'm wrong, but is there just 1 crane on it? From what I can see on the webcam, it appears that they've picked it up with 1 crane. These dudes know what they're doing if they can pick it up in the exact spot on the track to get the exact angle they need to install it!! 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, lifetimecoaster said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but is there just 1 crane on it? From what I can see on the webcam, it appears that they've picked it up with 1 crane. These dudes know what they're doing if they can pick it up in the exact spot on the track to get the exact angle they need to install it!! 

You are correct.  They are very good at what they do.  Cleo is in the process of moving over toward the helix.

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, lifetimecoaster said:

Most of the track, if not all has had just one crane lifting the support. To watch it live in person is really amazing as they slide the track or support piece up and on better than some people do with their car in a parking space... Anyhow, I havent seen an SNFU's  or readjustments and Ive seen quite a bit of it going in. 

4 minutes ago, flightoffear1996 said:

Snake, I could have sworn I saw an invite from the park on Facebook and I thought I saw it on here as well. I can sadly no longer find it either. 

Rumor is they were sent out messages from Don to remove them or he would have Facebook do it for him. 

Sorry for the double post, I though my other reply was further up the line but with the active posting Im not further down the list. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

Back when I lived in Indiana, we hardly ever had Good Friday off because we had snow days to make up.

45 minutes ago, PatchesC said:

Luckily it's labeled as out 3rd snow day make up here, hopefully it doesn't go that far.

St. Louis which is heavily Catholic would never have considered it.  School year or school day would have been extended instead. 

Speaking of holidays, who is for making Super Monday a national holiday?

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Waltny said:

Rumor is they were sent out messages from Don to remove them or he would have Facebook do it for him. 

Sorry for the double post, I though my other reply was further up the line but with the active posting Im not further down the list. 

The parks hours are released at 3pm today. We will know for sure then.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Maverick44 said:

I mean they still have a straight section to do before helix. 

Also seems to be work being done to station roof.

Those are not the same crews, so that work should be able to happen independently of each other.