Orion Construction Photos

IndyGuy4KI

36 minutes ago, LovinMeSomeBanshee said:

It'll look a lot better than that.  That looks like something a teenager could make in Microsoft Paint in 15 minutes.

Another piece going in now.

The span of track behind the bushes in the gulley?

1 minute ago, ThrillKingsFitzy said:

To look at the layout and stats and to remember that my friend's teacher said that it is impossible to go ninety miles per hour on a coaster because, scientifically, it will rip your face off :D

I'm guessing that teacher doesn't know that there are multiple coasters that go over 90 and over 100 mph.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

24 minutes ago, ThrillKingsFitzy said:

To look at the layout and stats and to remember that my friend's teacher said that it is impossible to go ninety miles per hour on a coaster because, scientifically, it will rip your face off :D

22 minutes ago, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

I'm guessing that teacher doesn't know that there are multiple coasters that go over 90 and over 100 mph.

This teacher needs to maybee........not be a teacher.

Also another support is ready to go. It is laying by the drop. - Edit* NVM that was cleo laying low lol

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

It's crazy how much track work they got done this week compared to the rest of the construction.  Just looking back at Monday and now to today the entire hill plus some is done and that's not really a short element.

I feel like the helix may take longer than a week to complete since there are so many more supports that need to be built compared to the mainly single supports that are on the hill before it, but we will see.  Looking at the layout there are 11 multi-piece supports that have to be built compared to the three multi-piece supports on the hill prior.  If the crews work on the next two Saturdays I could see them being done by the 31st, but if they don't I think the first (or second if the weather is bad) week of February is when track will be completed.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, LovinMeSomeBanshee said:

There should be a good discussion about how unsafe and unreliable Intamin has been in the past ;)

That would just be passed over very quickly. Most of the class would be to praise the company who brought us some of the best coasters on earth. ;)

Sorry to get us off topic. Lol We can go back to out regularly scheduled program. 

14 minutes ago, Maverick44 said:

That would just be passed over very quickly. Most of the class would be to praise the company who brought us some of the best coasters on earth. ;)

Sorry to get us off topic. Lol We can go back to out regularly scheduled program. 

Yeah like WiLdErNesS RuN

So how far are they in? I can't look at the cam.