Orion Construction Photos

IndyGuy4KI

6 minutes ago, ThrillKingsFitzy said:

Yeah like WiLdErNesS RuN

So how far are they in? I can't look at the cam.

For sure. A child's first coaster. Might as well be an Intamin to get them ready for the love they will have for the mfg and coasters.

47 minutes ago, Maverick44 said:

Entire top half of second helix support being lifted into place.

They are still working by the looks of it. I wonder if they must be on a tight time schedule to get done. 

This is where the support is in relationship to the lift from past images. I took this around 430ish. 

C23FAEE1-257E-44C4-9634-B75F8D71DF27.jpeg

• Like 8

14 minutes ago, Waltny said:

They are still working by the looks of it. I wonder if they must be on a tight time schedule to get done. 

This is where the support is in relationship to the lift from past images. I took this around 430ish. 

C23FAEE1-257E-44C4-9634-B75F8D71DF27.jpeg

I feel like they’re getting close to a deadline, and weather this weekend is likely gonna hinder that. If you look back, both Banshee and Diamondback (Not sure about Mystic Timbers) were done with track erection the last week of January. They may be trying to get this thing complete in the next 10 days or so. 

• Like 9

4 minutes ago, Beast Night Rider said:

Yeah they must be working overtime bc they’re still out there with some big lights allowing them to work. I took this screenshot about 30 mins ago showing the 2 tallest helix supports. I think the helix looks a lot bigger than it did in the rendering. 

58461E2C-259A-45B1-BE06-AAA1057319EF.jpeg

I saw that on the cam too, it’s surprising to see the current pacing of construction. That next support should be to the left of the one on my image. 

• Like 2

22 hours ago, ThrillKingsFitzy said:

She should learn about TTD :D

Wait 'till she hears about the insane acceleration of some coasters (see Do-Dodonpa)!

Also, that was a cool fact about the helix being as tall as Dueling Dragons. I never got to ride it back in the day as when I went to IOA in '02 (?), I was going through this weird phase where I didn't ride coasters with lift hills (yes, I'm serious! :o) as I got "stuck" on The Beast's first lift (looking back, it was probably a block brake or something routine) and it traumatized me. In other news, I did ride Hulk and that was amazing; I always remember seeing it advertised in magazines back in the day.

Finally, guess they still haven't taken Winterfest stuff down lol! (Re: the webcam)

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

It turns out at NCC, it was asked why Orion was not a record breaking ride, here's Don's answer:

Source: https://wgntv.com/2020/01/18/kings-island-shares-new-orion-roller-coaster-updates-and-construction-photos/

Screenshot_20200118-153224.png

Never said we wouldn’t be getting an RMC trex, he just said nothing is in the works right now ...

• Like 1