Orion Construction Photos

IndyGuy4KI

4 hours ago, Fishely said:

95fa80e2c81c5519faea27971191125a.jpg well now we have some sort close up picture of the turn around. Taken from the article above.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can I download this and see if I can do an overlay with Fury's turnaround? I dont know if anything will match up exactly,but maybe I can scale one close enough

• Like 1

Can I download this and see if I can do an overlay with Fury's turnaround? I dont know if anything will match up exactly,but maybe I can scale one close enough

It would be really cool to see that so sure! But it’s not my picture and was taken from the article mentioned above. Technically belongs to Kings Island but you can do whatever you want with it.

4 hours ago, Waltny said:

It almost seems like it starts an almost slight left bank as it’s going up into the turnaround, then the very sharp right bank.  That’s going to have a very interesting feel to it..

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, LovinMeSomeBanshee said:

Are they actually working this morning?  I haven’t seen any activity at all, other than the fact they left the boom up on the crane.

They put up a new support earlier, maybe that's all they're going to do today.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Fishely said:

95fa80e2c81c5519faea27971191125a.jpg well now we have some sort close up picture of the turn around. Taken from the article above.

People are really underestimating how hard this turn is gonna snap to the right, Imagine the right hand 180 going into Vortex's mid course but probably 4x the force.

• Like 5

9 minutes ago, collin.klopfstein said:

Forgot this existed!

2425284A-E1AF-47F4-B229-72A8333C3348.png

6E320A5C-75FD-4936-B46E-4DEBB379F4D9.png

There are a lot of unanswered questions about the whole Orion project that add to the suspense. Is there going to be a bin system? What is the Orion entrance going to look like? How is Orion’s theming going to look? How is Flight of Fear going to change aesthetically? How is Area 72 going to be themed? What are they building next to the C.H.A.O.S building? Will it look anything like this?

entrance.png

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, FUN&ONLY! said:

There are a lot of unanswered questions about the whole Orion project that add to the suspense. Is there going to be a bin system? What is the Orion entrance going to look like? How is Orion’s theming going to look? How is Flight of Fear going to change aesthetically? How is Area 72 going to be themed? What are they building next to the C.H.A.O.S building? Will it look anything like this?

entrance.png

I really hope they make the FOF building look like what it did in the trailer

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, MrSourNinja said:

Hear me out... I could see a lot of GP who have never been here before mistaking the entrance to FOF as the Orion entrance if it looks anything like it does in the teaser.

The park needs a clear Orion sign, and they actually need to have a Flight of Fear sign. Currently, there is not a single sign in the park for Flight of Fear except for the small one attached to the X-Base sign in the Coney Mall midway.

• Like 4

They did get alot done today, you can only see 4 of the supports from the usual vantage points. I may share the photo I took a little later.

All I can say about the theming of Orion is this... It better have a world class plaza entrance sign like Fury, Banshee, Leviathan or Incredible Hulk. 

• Like 7

3 hours ago, FUN&ONLY! said:

entrance.png

It's gonna look just like that, storm and meteor included.

• Like 4
  • Haha 5

9 hours ago, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

You know it would be kinda cool if they played some meteor shower or something on some TV screens in the queue for Orion and maybe FOF.

Not sure this is a realistic expectation, but with them kind of tying the rides together theming-wise, I could see some sort of meteor shower effect working in the queue for FoF with it being indoors and all. Nothing crazy but maybe like a warning alarm, sound effects and maybe some smoke? Could be pretty cool, but my guess is the changes are going to be primarily just on the outside. 

• Like 4

15 hours ago, FUN&ONLY! said:

entrance.png

It’ll look even better than this. While it’s not the Weber group doing the theming this time, Cedar Fair additions have exceeded expectations recently in terms of theming. Mystic Timbers’ shed is pretty effective at creating an unsettling atmosphere, and Copperhead Strike’s barn has even more detail in real life than in the animation.

• Like 5