Orion Construction Photos

IndyGuy4KI

17 minutes ago, kirbias1 said:

Actually, it is somewhat of a surprise because Don said that there would be no trims until the final break run. Multiple people heard him say this. Hopefully, this trim will be like Banshee's which is hardly used. 

I always assumed it would act similar to Banshee's, but I guess we will see in a few months.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, KIghostguy said:

I think he meant no MCBR. The blueprints showing the trim have been available since May. But as you said, hopefully it’s not too bad/rarely used!

Yeah, he was specifically asked about trims. MCBR was not in the question. He may have thought that's what I meant, though.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, collin.klopfstein said:

I don’t think it’s always bad:

The Beast

The Bat

The Vortex

...but some make it sound sound like English isn’t your first language

The Banshee 

The Son of Beast

The Orion

The Invertigo 

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

9 hours ago, MrSourNinja said:

Did they completely take it out? I've never felt or seen it.

It has been taken out. They were magnetic ones I believe. See KI's official 2014 POV to see it. That's why there's a random concrete pad underneath; to use a lift for maintenance.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Waltny said:

Anyone seen this guys instagram? Talk about exclusive access and knowledge.  

I posted it here as I do think it’s tied into Orion construction as there may be some of our track here and where it came from.

https://instagram.com/rollercoasterweldindad_101715?igshid=k17ac7yoc1ya

Our track came from Clermont Steel Fabricators in Batavia. Not that far from KI.

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, THE_BEASTmaster said:

All B&M track are fabricated at Clermont Steel Fabricators here in Cincinnati in Batavia.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Exactly.

There must be a miscommunication on my part, because I posted that profile link for you all to check out (https://instagram.com/rollercoasterweldindad_101715?igshid=k17ac7yoc1ya) for the sole purpose that....

it is an account of a guy who works at Clermont Steel and is posting pictures of the B&M track that he is personally working on along with other shots from inside the facitily. 

• Like 1

I must admit that the posts I look forward to the most in this forum are the pictures that Waltny provides.  In many ways these are better than the pictures the park provides through their blog posts because it gives a better sense of perspective as to just how large these elements are.  Great work!

I got a chance to drive by the park this past weekend.  These elements are much taller than I realized.  The large airtime hill is right in between the height of Diamondback's third and fourth hills.  The top of the helix is only a few feet shorter than Diamondback's fourth hill.  This ride is really impressive against the skyline now.  B&M hypers are the most picturesque coasters in the world, and it's still in many ways difficult to comprehend that Kings Island now has two.    

• Like 5