Orion Construction Photos

IndyGuy4KI

16 hours ago, King Ding Dong said:

Is there a currently a food stand in the park that doesn’t have a seating area nearby?  

Off the top of my head, that tropical-themed stand between the Eiffel Tower and Rivertown whose name escapes me.

But on the other hand, it's barely ever open, so I'm not sure it really counts.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Gplez90 said:

The camera needs some polarized sunglasses lol. 

It needs more than that, it needs a new angle for each time of the day for optimal viewing unfortunately. I’ve stacked a CPL and GND filters to try to knock down the sun without having to overexpose/underexpose  with minimal benefit on pro glass. In the morning, a cam from the turn around or even the dorms would be best. Then the one on the tower for late day sun. 

Update at 0958, just did a drive by and they have at least one of the cherry pickers over at the airtime hill and still no movement at the helix. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Beast Night Rider said:

Did they remove the last section of track they put in at the end of yesterday???? Or did I dream the helix had more track completed than this...??

I'm pretty sure it's still there, it just doesn't have any surfaces that are at an angle to reflect the sunlight right now.....  You might say it's in stealth mode....:ph34r:

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Born_in_'72 said:

I'm pretty sure it's still there, it just doesn't have any surfaces that are at an angle to reflect the sunlight right now.....  You might say it's in stealth mode....:ph34r:

You’re right! I can barely make it out now. It’s weird how the suns reflection just stopped right at that new piece lol

Yes as you said, still there. Took this first thing this morning before lighting got too bad. 

You should be able to see it snaking it’s way through the middle of the lifthill supports. Next 2 pieces should be easily seen from here and drop off parking lot and then the angles get a little screwy again on seeing anything on the ground from outside the park. 

B13B1F60-F827-4455-8341-8E8AE933B004.jpeg

• Like 11

T bone is working on something. I can't tell if there is any track close to Cleo. Cleo would have to be the crane to finish the helix's top portion. I wonder if T-Bone is getting a section ready and will move it close to under the helix and then Cleo will connect and take it the rest of the way.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, KIguy2004 said:

How do they put the trains on the tracks when there is no electric to run the transfer table?

If its like Diamondback... I am sure it is. All they do is lift the train into the storage shed track and push them by hand to connect each car together. I am sure there is electric by now as well. It is run underground so it has been there for awhile. I also remember reading in a blog or something that the operating system is nearly all in place.

@Waltny is there anyway whenever you drive past again to zoom in to the lift hill. Can we see if the chain is already in place?

• Like 4

T bone has now lowered his boom. Cleo moved closer to maybe get that section of track.

5 minutes ago, KIguy2004 said:

What I meant is like they would have to run the wire/ride systems/hydraulics through every part of the station.

The trains are not on the track right now. All that will be in place and working by the time trains are ready to go on the track.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Maverick44 said:

If its like Diamondback... I am sure it is. All they do is lift the train into the storage shed track and push them by hand to connect each car together. I am sure there is electric by now as well. It is run underground so it has been there for awhile. I also remember reading in a blog or something that the operating system is nearly all in place.

@Waltny is there anyway whenever you drive past again to zoom in to the lift hill. Can we see if the chain is already in place?

I’ll try a few different angles and the cherry pickers just positioned by the supports. I think we are going to get enough track to span the next two supports. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1