Orion Construction Photos

IndyGuy4KI

15 minutes ago, Maverick44 said:

These pictures from on DB really make the coaster look like its in poor shape lol. The paint needs done SOOOOOOO bad lol

Part of what you are seeing is the oxidation on the exposed steel part of the rails. Without the train wheels keeping that oxidation from forming, that orange rust color really starts to show through. It's just like how brake rotors get a thin layer of rust on them when it rains. 

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, DeltaFlyer said:

Part of what you are seeing is the oxidation on the exposed steel part of the rails. Without the train wheels keeping that oxidation from forming, that orange rust color really starts to show through. It's just like how brake rotors get a thin layer of rust on them when it rains. 

I was mainly talking about how faded it is. Also the rust looking color as well. i just know its never been repainted  and should get a coat asap lol

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, LovinMeSomeBanshee said:

I was thinking that was more of the helix track being assembled, but it's hard to tell.

I thought that as well. Then I saw the backside of it looks like something round. lol there is some sort of machine on the ground right by it moving so idk lol Its just weird looking.

3 minutes ago, Maverick44 said:

I thought that as well. Then I saw the backside of it looks like something round. lol there is some sort of machine on the ground right by it moving so idk lol Its just weird looking.

Maybe it's just me, but it looks like two sections of track, laid on their sides, side-by-side:

Untitled.png

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, LovinMeSomeBanshee said:

Maybe it's just me, but it looks like two sections of track, laid on their sides, side-by-side:

yep.. i think they're up on some blocks ready to pick

I wonder if Ccleo has a problem. Weird they drove out of the helix with the boom up.. and it's still up.

I think they are using bigger crane to lift track sections over the helix . The other two might not of been able. 

Also they can drive those cranes with the booms / arms up like that. I don't think anything is wrong. Just don't need Cleo right now.

Big crane seems to be raising. 

• Like 1

I'm really surprised those maintenance worker posts are getting traction here on KIC.  This site is usually strict with photos. 

Can't imagine the park is too happy with someone posting current pictures from inside the park when it is closed.  From what I read on Reddit, these were pictures someone obtained from their family member (uncle, who was contracted for work, not KI employee).  So the actual photographer didn't post these.  This didn't come through official channels. 

• Like 5

16 minutes ago, Maddog said:

I'm really surprised those maintenance worker posts are getting traction here on KIC.  This site is usually strict with photos. 

Can't imagine the park is too happy with someone posting current pictures from inside the park when it is closed.  From what I read on Reddit, these were pictures someone obtained from their family member (uncle, who was contracted for work, not KI employee).  So the actual photographer didn't post these.  This didn't come through official channels. 

I can understand the first photo where all you see is down the hill of DB. The new photo yeah I can see where KI would not like thst getting out. They seem to want to keep Vortex hidden.

• Like 2