Orion Construction Photos

IndyGuy4KI

7 hours ago, collin.klopfstein said:

Doublepost* I think Orion is getting a lighting package...  and the inside of the station and transfer track have lights on

3C87DCF6-4996-431E-BF47-D1EE9277B2E1.png

41D317EB-5C4D-418B-9673-2EA4D9200E95.png

630CCFD7-723F-4A3A-8EC7-B529CAAC7F38.png

That looks amazing!! I hope that's the real light package. Imagine going to the park at night and seeing a giant blue illuminated giga coaster! It would also definitely be the best light package at the park besides WindSeeker.

• Like 7

On 1/22/2020 at 9:11 AM, TombRaiderFTW said:

Off the top of my head, that tropical-themed stand between the Eiffel Tower and Rivertown whose name escapes me.

But on the other hand, it's barely ever open, so I'm not sure it really counts.

Paradise Island has a picnic table to the right of the stand, but I'm not even sure if it's for public use (or if that table is even there anymore...).

Also, that helix is so close to the drop!

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Kodistict said:

That looks amazing!! I hope that's the real light package. Imagine going to the park at night and seeing a giant blue illuminated giga coaster! It would also definitely be the best light package at the park besides WindSeeker.

I would much rather they only light the head chopper and any close fly bys and then use the lighted wheels on the train to make it look like shooting stars.  Can you imagine streaks of light just flying through the shy?

• Like 6

It almost looks like the piece they’re putting in is attached to the headchopper piece.  Makes sense in how they can get enough leverage to slide it under there..

edit:  after looking at the size of the piece as it’s going up, I don’t think it’s long enough to make it to the headchopper piece.

• Like 5

26 minutes ago, Driver8rws said:

Wow!  Strange they'd work on a Sunday in crappy weather...

As others here have mentioned before, Don and KI have been quoted that trackwork will be finished by the end of January--that is this Friday (sorry I don't have the direct quote to link).

Just sharing some general knowledge here for those who may not be aware...  On large construction projects with numerous subcontractors doing work, they each independently have their own deadlines throughout the project.  Depending upon how the contracts were written, the company erecting the track may have bonus/penalty money on the line if they don't meet their deadline. 

Things that don't necessarily make sense to us as outsiders watching the work, decisions are driven by costs--some not obvious without knowing the details.  It just might be cheaper to pay a bit of overtime to complete by a deadline.

• Like 7

9 minutes ago, Maddog said:

As others here have mentioned before, Don and KI have been quoted that trackwork will be finished by the end of January--that is this Friday (sorry I don't have the direct quote to link).

Just sharing some general knowledge here for those who may not be aware...  On large construction projects with numerous subcontractors doing work, they each independently have their own deadlines throughout the project.  Depending upon how the contracts were written, the company erecting the track may have bonus/penalty money on the line if they don't meet their deadline. 

Things that don't necessarily make sense to us as outsiders watching the work, decisions are driven by costs--some not obvious without knowing the details.  It just might be cheaper to pay a bit of overtime to complete by a deadline.

Could also be they have another job to get to by a certain date and need this crew done and moved on. Or they could be tired of paying for the cranes and don't want to fall into the next month as the crane wasn't budgeted for that time period. Tons of reasons for them to be working today, in construction days of the weeks don't really matter. They are working on a job and do what needs to be done to get that job done on time and budget.

• Like 1