Orion Construction Photos

IndyGuy4KI

2 hours ago, Gplez90 said:

Looks like they have several large sections of track assembled and ready to be installed. I’m thinking late tomorrow or early Tuesday we will see track work completed! 

My money is on Wed afternoon or do like they did for the top off and have it first thing Thursday morning. 

My reasoning is this,

They will want the press there and I have a feeling Vortex goes down around the same time. They kill two birds with one stone and the media gets them both. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Waltny said:

My money is on Wed afternoon or do like they did for the top off and have it first thing Thursday morning. 

My reasoning is this,

They will want the press there and I have a feeling Vortex goes down around the same time. They kill two birds with one stone and the media gets them both. 

Was media there when they installed the last piece of track on Banshee?

2 hours ago, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

Was media there when they installed the last piece of track on Banshee?

No idea, I didnt live in the area and KI wasnt on my radar. This is just a guess on my part. 

The media has been in and out since the announcement of the 2020 schedule so why not for the completion of their largest investment to date(and the now much beloved coaster that is coming down)?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Waltny said:

No idea, I didnt live in the area and KI wasnt on my radar. This is just a guess on my part. 

The media has been in and out since the announcement of the 2020 schedule so why not for the completion of their largest investment to date(and the now much beloved coaster that is coming down)?

I don’t think media was there. They probably reported with park supplied content. A piece scheduled to be installed could be installed on time at 9:00, be delayed until 2:00, or not happen until the next day. The media doesn’t have time to sit around and wait for this. 

Don’t hold your breath for Vortex coverage too. It’s possible that Chopper 9 will do a fly over or a news station may sent a drone up but the park isn’t going to facilitate anything involving The Vortex. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, BoddaH1994 said:

I don’t think media was there. They probably reported with park supplied content. A piece scheduled to be installed could be installed on time at 9:00, be delayed until 2:00, or not happen until the next day. The media doesn’t have time to sit around and wait for this. 

Don’t hold your breath for Vortex coverage too. It’s possible that Chopper 9 will do a fly over or a news station may sent a drone up but the park isn’t going to facilitate anything involving The Vortex. 

Truth be told I’m not concerned with either being reported. I just though they may keep their foot on the pedal and give the masses what they are wanting.

I fully intend to get the last piece myself and the hills of Vortex coming down from vantage points around KI .

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Born_in_'72 said:

Off topic, I know, but is it just me, or is the building (restrooms, I believe) that was next to WindSeeker gone??  When did that happen??

image.png

Edit:  Maybe it's still there and I'm just not seeing it correctly??

I can still see it; the roof just blends in with the concrete. I can see why it would look that way though! :D

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, ThrillKingsFitzy said:

Is it weird that I used to think Diamondback was a giga? :lol:

I don't think it is weird. 

Awful, creepy, curious, eccentric, eerie, freaky, funky, ghastly, haunting, horrific, kooky, magical, mysterious, outlandish, peculiar, spooky, strange, supernatural or unnatural possibly, but not weird. :P

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Waltny said:

Truth be told I’m not concerned with either being reported. I just though they may keep their foot on the pedal and give the masses what they are wanting.

I fully intend to get the last piece myself and the hills of Vortex coming down from vantage points around KI .

Can’t wait to see it!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, King Ding Dong said:

I don't think it is weird. 

Awful, creepy, curious, eccentric, eerie, freaky, funky, ghastly, haunting, horrific, kooky, magical, mysterious, outlandish, peculiar, spooky, strange, supernatural or unnatural possibly, but not weird. :P

I was GP so bad! I thought Adventure Express went 85 miles per hour and I scared my sister to death when I told her :lol:

• Haha 2

22 minutes ago, ThrillKingsFitzy said:

I was GP so bad! I thought Adventure Express went 85 miles per hour and I scared my sister to death when I told her :lol:

Well, first time I saw Diamondback I thought for sure the splashdown was water jets because the track was not underwater.  :D

Many years ago when a ride host asked me to buckle the seat belt I replied politely, "No thank you, I'm fine."  You can imagine how well that went over.

It would be cool if the top lift could be the last piece, like the STL Arch, but that's not how this machine goes together. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, King Ding Dong said:

Also, doesn't Ohio at least get the record of most Giga's in one state?

Yeah, Millie and Orion. Ohio is pretty much the coaster capital of the US, you will find a lot of coasters that broke records. Unless you count California, which is full of fillers. Ohio have coasters that have purpose to bring tons of crowds in. California adds random coasters for bragging rights. Mostly for numbers.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, ThrillKingsFitzy said:

Yeah, Millie and Orion. Ohio is pretty much the coaster capital of the US, you will find a lot of coasters that broke records. Unless you count California, which is full of fillers. Ohio have coasters that have purpose to bring tons of crowds in. California adds random coasters for bragging rights. Mostly for numbers.

Ohio **has, 

• Confused 1