Orion Construction Photos

IndyGuy4KI

So as I get ready to catch the last piece going up and in, are still photos better than halfway decent video? Potential quality of video can be found over my on Instagram when I got one of the wave turn supports going in. 

Here it is. I think I may take a couple stills, switch to video  for the last slide in.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

I know this has probably been said before, but I loved following this construction! (First time I have followed a coaster construction). I can't believe we only have 2 pieces left! I think this will be an amazing ride and It won't disappoint a single bit. It's crazy to see how these things are actually built!

• Like 9

9 minutes ago, Maverick44 said:

It has been a wild ride from a few of us making concepts back in late 2018 to now. Its going to be sad weird not being able to talk about this.

I agree, from the Giga Speculation Thread to the Decoding 2020 Thread to the Orion Construction Thread, it has been fun to see the giga go from an idea to a reality. I can’t wait to start decoding Kings Island’s next project already!

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Maverick44 said:

It has been a wild ride from a few of us making concepts back in late 2018 to now. Its going to be sad weird not being able to talk about this.

yeah I know. I actually started making drawing concepts back in 2016 when Mystic was being teased and stuff and we all were thinking that was a giga. And back then was when I was pretty unrealistic. Like I had one of my concepts going overtop of Diamondback similar to the interaction of Shambhala and Dragon Khan, but a hyper and giga. But yeah, it's been one heck of a ride between us asking for a giga, predicting a giga, making concepts, to a giga actually getting built, and soon completed and opened! I remember this giga rumor was the reason I joined KIC in the first place. I joined back when that employee wrote giga in the snow.

• Like 4