Orion Construction Photos

IndyGuy4KI

25 minutes ago, Maverick44 said:

We can kick it into Cedar Point Decoding 2021! lol

I thought it was already confirmed they were tearing down Top Thrill Dragster to replace it with a 500 foot B&M? LOL!

In all seriousness, I hope they get something really cool for 2021!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, FUN&ONLY! said:

I thought it was already confirmed they were tearing down Top Thrill Dragster to replace it with a 500 foot B&M? LOL!

In all seriousness, I hope they get something really cool for 2021!

Removing TTD I would think is not off the table. The ride is fun but it's not reliable. I could see it coming down and being replaced with a large RMC Raptor. 

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Beast Night Rider said:

They most likely had this planned to have 1 piece left so they can have media come out to cover the track being completed. It should make for good coverage and photos tomorrow bc the sun is supposed to be out finally!

Correct BEAST NR....

Here is the vid for Fury's last piece and you can see the all the media  folks in the upper left hand corner on the ground. ***Fun Fact, Fury 325's last piece was installed on Jan 30 2015. 

Source: Carowinds

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, Beast Night Rider said:

Yeah they just took it off the flatbed but I’d bet they’ll wait until tomorrow to put it in....

that’s what she said!  haha

Unless her name is Stormy. Then she said, "was it ever in"? Oops! lol

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Beast Night Rider said:

They most likely had this planned to have 1 piece left so they can have media come out to cover the track being completed. It should make for good coverage and photos tomorrow bc the sun is supposed to be out finally!

Not till the afternoon though.

The lighting was miserable and I managed to get something halfway decent. 

7F745D3B-501B-482C-9CC8-680CE44F72B2.jpeg

36EF939D-74BF-41B3-B60A-BCF4E50A0716.jpeg

AD244F3F-262C-433D-87DF-98A982F94D32.jpeg

• Like 11
  • Thanks 3

As someone with their favorite B&M being Nitro, I am digging all those hills that are banked and curved at the top.  One of the big reasons I like Nitro so much is due to it having a few hills like that.  They are outstanding on the outer seats with the airtime and laterals combo.

I'm giddy with Orion now with it going to be taking those elements a wee bit faster than Nitro. B)   

• Like 14