Orion Construction Photos

IndyGuy4KI

3 minutes ago, Snowball said:

Orion will bring a lot more people to that area and FOF's queue might not have had enough capacity to accommodate for it.

Here is to hoping they open up the other side of the fof queue. It feels so good in that building on a hot day. 

• Like 8

I don't see them putting another Haunt attraction there with CHAOS, KillMart, Zombie Mall, and Coney Maul so close by. That area gets pretty congested already during Haunt, I imagine with all of that plus Orion it'll be packed this year.

• Like 6

My guess is that it was more economical to retrofit Firehawk’s queue then remove it. Why pay to demolish something if, for a lower price, it could become an asset? Just because FOF has an outdoor queue doesn’t necessarily mean anything is changing inside — it just gives the park options. Just my two cents.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, KIguy2004 said:

Why would they need extended queues?

They may be trying to keep those lines from bleeding together. Having said that, FOF's lines move at a snail's pace. I'd hate to be there when it's spilling into the extended queue. :blink:

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, hotrodyoda said:

So, am I understanding this correctly... they're making FOF's queue longer?  Does it really ever fill up anymore?  I live 5 hrs away now, but every time I've been to the park in the past 8 years, it's never even close to utilizing it all.

I’m guessing they’re assuming that with the increased foot traffic next year FoF will become busier, might as well use the queue rather then have it just sit there.

• Like 4

9 hours ago, hotrodyoda said:

So, am I understanding this correctly... they're making FOF's queue longer?  Does it really ever fill up anymore?  I live 5 hrs away now, but every time I've been to the park in the past 8 years, it's never even close to utilizing it all.

I don't see FOF needing its extended queue forever, but it will this season.

It will clean things up a bit. The addition of a major ride brings extra foot traffic to that area. Orion's line will be really long and the park probably doesn't want any chance of FOF's line bleeding into it.

Also, I can see how two lines stretching out into Coney Mall would look bad and potentially cause confusion for some guests, particularly those less familiar with the park's layout. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, SnakePlissken said:

What video?

The one that was recently shared that goes against the park’s wishes and violates our site rules.

As the site TOS says: Members shall observe and abide by all park rules and regulations set forth by Kings Island and any other park. Any videos that show park rules being broken and/or the discussion of you breaking park rules on the forums is a violation of an individual user's terms of service.  Therefore, those posts will be removed and constitute a warning and possible removal from the community.

• Like 2
  • Confused 3