Orion Construction Photos

IndyGuy4KI

14 minutes ago, gforce1994 said:

The one that was recently shared that goes against the park’s wishes and violates our site rules.

As the site TOS says: Members shall observe and abide by all park rules and regulations set forth by Kings Island and any other park. Any videos that show park rules being broken and/or the discussion of you breaking park rules on the forums is a violation of an individual user's terms of service.  Therefore, those posts will be removed and constitute a warning and possible removal from the community.

It was not a drone video, the dude was paramotoring. I am not violating the TOS and not going against park rules

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

As for why the Firehawk que is being used for Flight of Fear, from what I have heard (via various websites and stuff), the old outdoor FOF que is being torn apart and they are going to expand it into a locker area- there were already some lockers there but with how popular Orion should be, they are thus going to turn the entire FOF outdoor section into lockers and Firehawk's old que will be the new Flight of Fear overflow que.

There is also some evidence for this: back in December, people visiting for ACE's Orion Construction Tour saw FOF's que was being torn up. It can be seen around a minute and 30 seconds into this video:

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, gforce1994 said:

We all agreed to the same TOS. Following park rules is important.

I understand and respect what you are saying. I think you are right in the fact that the park would prefer for people not to do this, but many people have taken photo/films from various planes and have been allowed on this site throughout 2019. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, gforce1994 said:

KI has repeatedly asked for us to not fly over the park solely for the purpose of obtaining images. 

So...as long as someone has at least one additional purpose while they are up there taking pictures they’re all good?! ;)

(Sorry, I couldn’t resist taking your post literally. :))

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The park prefers that its fans not fly over the park to get unofficial, off-season pictures or videos. Most fans with the means to fly over the park respect this request.

Of course, any kind of drone footage of the park is prohibited by KIC's TOS.

23 minutes ago, KIghostguy said:

There is a whole album of aerial construction photos on this site’s photo page. If we really want to make a big deal out of this, then those photos should be taken down as well.

Prior to the popularity of drones, KI didn't take a stand on aerial photography. Photos and videos from this era will continue to live in KIC's photo galleries.

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, hotrodyoda said:

I flew over the park in a Cessna for a contest I won through the Middletown Journal back in 2001.  Should I burn my photos?

Did you not read Malem's post all the way through?

19 minutes ago, malem said:

The park prefers that its fans not fly over the park to get unofficial, off-season pictures or videos. Most fans with the means to fly over the park respect this request.

Of course, any kind of drone footage of the park is prohibited by KIC's TOS.

Prior to the popularity of drones, KI didn't take a stand on aerial photography. Photos and videos from this era will continue to live in KIC's photo galleries.

I look at this way. Going somewhere public, you are asked to follow some rules. No smoking, no pets, must wear proper clothing and footwear, etc. Even though you have an Open Carry license, you can't carry your guns into certain establishments. A public forum is no different. The site has asked us not to post certain kinds of photos and videos regardless of whether or not it's illegal to do so. 

• Like 1

Can we let the mods of this site moderate, and the rest of us just talk about the construction progress?
Me, being hypocritical for this one post.. hopefully no more. This is tiring. Argue about it in PMs, or make a request to a mod in PMs.

Edit - I do see Malem's clarification; but the arguing is every time someone messes up. Let me go see what other people think... um.. somewhere else.

• Like 9

16 minutes ago, Joshua said:

Did you not read Malem's post all the way through?

I look at this way. Going somewhere public, you are asked to follow some rules. No smoking, no pets, must wear proper clothing and footwear, etc. Even though you have an Open Carry license, you can't carry your guns into certain establishments. A public forum is no different. The site has asked us not to post certain kinds of photos and videos regardless of whether or not it's illegal to do so. 

I apologize that my IDGAF sarcasm was not clear and obvious.  Trying to shut down what is ultimately a pointless argument.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, hotrodyoda said:

I apologize that my IDGAF sarcasm was not clear and obvious.  Trying to shut down what is ultimately a pointless argument.

There’s a point, we don’t want anyone doing something that is frowned upon by the park. 
The paragliding can be dangerous, as downdrafts, and random shifts in air patterns can cause one to loose control of their craft.

• Haha 1

This argument was literally started because some one linked a video that was found on YouTube.  If you want to discuss the inherent dangers of paragliding, then take that to a paragliding sub.  No one here is rushing out to paraglide over KI for the sake of getting their own video.  Also, the inherent danger of paragliding applies to the act itself, not the fact if it's done over an amusement park or not. It's a false equivalency, and again, irrelevant to our ability to talk about Kings Island.

As others have stated, KI's policy is a policy.  It's not an enforceable law.  They don't own the airspace.  Yes, it's important to respect their policies and wishes as fans of the park.  In fact, I believe as enthusiasts it's imperative that we exhibit good behavior and try to show leadership in park etiquette.  As far as posting the video on this site, who cares?  There's basically zero chance that someone finds the video aforementioned through KICentral, gets the idea to go try it themselves, and injures themselves or others in doing so.  That's not how someone picks up a new (and very expensive) hobby.   

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, hotrodyoda said:

This argument was literally started because some one linked a video that was found on YouTube.  If you want to discuss the inherent dangers of paragliding, then take that to a paragliding sub.  No one here is rushing out to paraglide over KI for the sake of getting their own video.  Also, the inherent danger of paragliding applies to the act itself, not the fact if it's done over an amusement park or not. It's a false equivalency, and again, irrelevant to our ability to talk about Kings Island.

As others have stated, KI's policy is a policy.  It's not an enforceable law.  They don't own the airspace.  Yes, it's important to respect their policies and wishes as fans of the park.  In fact, I believe as enthusiasts it's imperative that we exhibit good behavior and try to show leadership in park etiquette.  As far as posting the video on this site, who cares?  There's basically zero chance that someone finds the video aforementioned through KICentral, gets the idea to go try it themselves, and injures themselves or others in doing so.  That's not how someone picks up a new (and very expensive) hobby.   

From terms of service:

Members shall observe and abide by all park rules and regulations set forth by Kings Island and any other park. Any videos that show park rules being broken and/or the discussion of you breaking park rules on the forums is a violation of an individual user's terms of service.  Therefore, those posts will be removed and constitute a warning and possible removal from the community.

Can't wait to see how the whole Area 72 plaza looks next year! I expect we'll see more lockers, and additional seating areas along with the food stand. I wonder if it'll look anything like the seating by Banshee? The brief renderings in the preview video don't show it but I wouldn't put it out of question.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

Just now, tuxedoman52 said:

Can't wait to see how the whole Area 72 plaza looks next year! I expect we'll see more lockers, and additional seating areas along with the food stand. I wonder if it'll look anything like the seating by Banshee? The brief renderings in the preview video don't show it but I wouldn't put it out of question.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

I am really excited to see that too. I'm sure they will do a great job making that area look great.

• Like 2