Orion Construction Photos

IndyGuy4KI

CHAOS is still pretty new so I doubt it would be removed so soon, especially since they recently painted the building to match FOF along with the theme matching Area 72 so well.

Now, I wouldn’t really miss that building if it was gone. Some of us Haunt actors that have worked in mazes in that building swear it’s cursed! :lol:

• Like 3

I really hope CHAOS sticks around next year! I've enjoyed going the regular maze (in 2018) as well as getting to walk through the building last year for the HallowTween overlay. It's my second favorite maze behind Slaughter House; I just love the theming (including the voiceover while waiting in line!) and if it sticks around, it will go great with Orion looming nearby. B)

• Like 5

1 hour ago, 139Signal27 said:

I think you’re greatly overestimating the size of the CHAOS building.

not really it's much smaller, but they could make something out of it rather than using it for what 4 weeks out of the year? Seems more profitable that way

19 hours ago, hotrodyoda said:

This argument was literally started because some one linked a video that was found on YouTube.  If you want to discuss the inherent dangers of paragliding, then take that to a paragliding sub.  No one here is rushing out to paraglide over KI for the sake of getting their own video.  Also, the inherent danger of paragliding applies to the act itself, not the fact if it's done over an amusement park or not. It's a false equivalency, and again, irrelevant to our ability to talk about Kings Island.

As others have stated, KI's policy is a policy.  It's not an enforceable law.  They don't own the airspace.  Yes, it's important to respect their policies and wishes as fans of the park.  In fact, I believe as enthusiasts it's imperative that we exhibit good behavior and try to show leadership in park etiquette.  As far as posting the video on this site, who cares?  There's basically zero chance that someone finds the video aforementioned through KICentral, gets the idea to go try it themselves, and injures themselves or others in doing so.  That's not how someone picks up a new (and very expensive) hobby.   

Well I guess there goes my title as the KI Pilot.

Yes KI has a No Drone rule, but I do not for a minute believe they have the right to tell paragliders or airplanes not to post photos of the park. That's like them asking politely no fan to go to Mason City Council to aquire blueprints.

Now we are a fan site and always will be the unofficial fan site of Kings Island, even in the sites Description it says we are not affiliated with the park so former mods to current mods please hear me out to keep this site open and free to all fans to discuss and share. As we are not affiliated that in itself means we are a free forum to share and discuss these topics and media as long as no crime is committed, and as the paraglider and I as a pilot have mentioned year after year, there is no law against flying over the park and no law against snapping photos.

Please keep this site free for it's users to discuss without outside lobbyist dictating how you should run the forums and it's shared content. Thank you. Captain Nemo out.

• Like 15
  • Thanks 3

21 hours ago, collin.klopfstein said:

@PilotDude , what do you have to say about this. What Do you think?

This was a part 103 ultralight operation. The laws on this type of flight are very lax, including not even needing a pilots license. With that said the park does not "own" airspace. They can not pull a Disney and close the airspace above the park. Fun fact the Disney TFR (temporary flight restriction) doesn't even stop people from flying over. Go to YouTube and you can find hundreds of videos.  IANAL but this guy broke zero laws from what I can see. KI can't do anything about the airspace and being flown over other then forbid take off and landing from THEIR property, the actual dirt they own. And even then all they can do is trespass you if you refuse to leave if asked.   So in summary this guy did nothing wrong, but the park has rules saying you can't land/launch drones or anything else from their property, and they are allowed to have said rules, but if done elsewhere and you follow some safe minimum altitudes (1000 foot above anything with in 2000 feet horizontal)(paramotors which is what this guy is flying doesn't have a specified safe minimum altitude, just not allowed to fly over crowds or cause damage) you are legal.

• Thanks 2

5 hours ago, Captain Nemo said:

Well I guess there goes my title as the KI Pilot.

Yes KI has a No Drone rule, but I do not for a minute believe they have the right to tell paragliders or airplanes not to post photos of the park. That's like them asking politely no fan to go to Mason City Council to aquire blueprints. This is like in 2013 when KI asked this very forum not to post photos of Banshee construction from KI drive (outside of the park). 

Now we are a fan site and always will be the unofficial fan site of Kings Island, even in the sites Description it says we are not affiliated with the park so former mods to current mods please hear me out to keep this site open and free to all fans to discuss and share. As we are not affiliated that in itself means we are a free forum to share and discuss these topics and media as long as no crime is committed, and as the paraglider and I as a pilot have mentioned year after year, there is no law against flying over the park and no law against snapping photos.

Please keep this site free for it's users to discuss without outside lobbyist dictating how you should run the forums and it's shared content. Thank you. Captain Nemo out.

"Kings Island Central has a working relationship with the park".  I have been lurking for a while, I have yet to see what Kings Island central gets out of the relationship.  I have just seen a lot of controversy over photos.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Gplez90 said:

Man, I hope they really amp up the aesthetics for this coaster. Textured lighting, LED lights on the lift hill and supports, maybe even that LED light strip along the lift hill catwalk like Fury 325 and Intimidator! 

I as well hope we get the lights fury does. It looks amazing driving on 77.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Gplez90 said:

Man, I hope they really amp up the aesthetics for this coaster. Textured lighting, LED lights on the lift hill and supports, maybe even that LED light strip along the lift hill catwalk like Fury 325 and Intimidator! 

Like a week ago i caught this on the webcam at about 6:45 am. This gives me hope that they are putting in a light package

F017B50E-291C-4C23-9E9D-F4A2E237321A.png

64A2E931-BB62-42B1-83FD-9A6322C39D78.png

66B65B3E-26A5-4790-BCA4-C12398544535.png

• Like 5

1b5dfc2580138a029d96573b526ad227.jpg

One thing I really enjoy about Orion is just knowing it will be here to enjoy for many years to come. I went to KI maybe 4 times this year with different people and many of them were ready to leave around 2-4 pm(we always got early entree when no one was there and just lapped around the park finishing around 12). With Orion I’m sure we’ll stay this year much longer and hopefully till night for The Beast. Orion will be a solid addition to this park that lacks a just one good coaster to be a all day park and Orion will fill that spot perfectly. It’s nice to know that if we feel like we’re done with the park, Orion will always be there for one more ride.

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1