Orion Construction Photos

IndyGuy4KI

On 2/1/2020 at 3:44 PM, Kodistict said:

Sorry for the double post, but it looks like they have dug up all of the concrete that used to be in X-base. Looks like they might be doing some nice touch-ups to the whole area.

I suspect, and hope, they will install pavers back there.

At the Orion announcement, I took note that the concrete was cracking/breaking up in places.  I noticed this because I saw a kid pick up a broken piece of concrete and throw it!

So replacement/repair was needed.

• Like 8

19 minutes ago, Shaggy said:

I suspect, and hope, they will install pavers back there.

At the Orion announcement, I took note that the concrete was cracking/breaking up in places.  I noticed this because I saw a kid pick up a broken piece of concrete and throw it!

So replacement/repair was needed.

Most likely, Hicon has been contracted and they do paver work so it’s somewhat likely that’s what they’ll do.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Nutterie said:

is there any possibility for a shed style mystery anymore or did they learn their lesson from Mystic?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

I think people would try to return their Gold Passes if KI teased another shed mystery lol 

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Nutterie said:

is there any possibility for a shed style mystery anymore or did they learn their lesson from Mystic?

What lesson would they learn?  The shed is a great ending to a story line on a themed coaster.  I, and many other people, rather enjoy the intricate theming they put into the coaster.  

• Like 11

What lesson would they learn?  The shed is a great ending to a story line on a themed coaster.  I, and many other people, rather enjoy the intricate theming they put into the coaster.  
there was a lot of disappointment as people expected a ride element

• Like 2

there was a lot of disappointment as people expected a ride element

Most enthusiasts expected props, screens and sounds--which is what we got.  There was wild speculation about drop tracks, reverse launches and the like.  But if people were disappointed, they set themselves up for it.  But, this has been discussed ad nauseum, and this is a Orion thread, so no sense debating it again!  

• Like 7

3 minutes ago, KingsMills79 said:

Did I read somewhere months ago that Orion would receive the Yukon Striker automated bin system?

The VP of maintenance and construction at Canada's Wonderland said he was talking to Jamie Gaffney about using the system on Orion back in October. I haven't heard anything since.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, flightoffear1996 said:

I never worry about lose articles. Apple Watch for the win. 

As a seasoned amusement park visitor 25 plus visits every year of my 32 year life I have learned travel light. 

Yes

never, ever bring a bag to an amusement park. That is what cargo shorts were invented for in 1967.

• Like 4