Orion Construction Photos

IndyGuy4KI

There is sand inside Orion but sand can only absorb so much energy, there is still some energy creating the sound you hear.

Fury 325 seems silent compared to Orion, I wonder if they have different amounts of sand or placement of sand inside the track.
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Fishely said:

Fury 325 seems silent compared to Orion, I wonder if they have different amounts of sand or placement of sand inside the track.

Im pretty sure they filled the rails instead of the box beam on Orion, while on Fury 325 has the box beam filled instead of the rails.

• Like 2

It's impossible to draw conclusions about how loud the ride will be based on the video. Camera mics adjust their sensitivity based on the audio level, so the volume of the video doesn't necessarily reflect the actual loudness. When comparing with Fury 325, consider that most of its course is far away from the midways.

Not to mention, this was the first test run, and adjustments have yet to be made.

6 hours ago, Klabergian Empire said:

Im pretty sure they filled the rails instead of the box beam on Orion, while on Fury 325 has the box beam filled instead of the rails.

Sand in the rails has to be added during fabrication so as to not compromise their integrity. This would have been done to Orion's track prior to delivery.

It's my understanding that sand added to the box beam has always been done after-the-fact for acoustic remediation.

• Like 9

5 minutes ago, Patrickbateman86 said:

thought this video was pretty cool

Yeah I thought that guy did an outstanding job. However I do disagree on this thoughts about Banshee, but it's all about opinion and I respect everyone's opinion. Although, I do see how people could be let down about Banshee because of the size of the land and what occupied that space. I do hope the park eventually finds a way to use that left over land from Son of Beast.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, BeeastFarmer said:

That video was all over the place.  And he really didn't make any points about Orion.  

I don’t think the focus of the video was Orion,  but how KI’s coaster collection got where it is today. He produces to very underrated content! 

• Like 7

Someone should set up a webcam or something outside GWL that's always recording Orion that way we don't miss out and testing. Should be a nice week next week with warmer temperatures all though there is rain some days. Sunday would be a perfect day for testing with it being sunny and 60. Not sure if they work on Sundays though.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, bengalsguy23 said:

Someone should set up a webcam or something outside GWL that's always recording Orion that way we don't miss out and testing. Should be a nice week next week with warmer temperatures all though there is rain some days. Sunday would be a perfect day for testing with it being sunny and 60. Not sure if they work on Sundays though.

Then either GWL would take it down or Don would find out and rush over and take it down lol. 

8 hours ago, bengalsguy23 said:

Just because KI doesn’t have a webcam up and running, doesn’t mean you can film KI against there wishes. When the park says no, they mean it, no if’s, ands, or buts. The fact that some members of the enthusiast community want to act out against the park’s wishes is the reason why pages like park etiquette were formed. Just behave, and accept their no. This applies to life outside of theme parks as well.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

^yeah that’s true if we’re talking about going over and being on park property, flying over park property anything like that. But if I want to set up a webcam at my house that’s facing Kings Island that has absolutely nothing to do with the park and there wishes. That’s my property and the park has no say about that. Absurd to think anything otherwise. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 3

16 minutes ago, bengalsguy23 said:

^yeah that’s true if we’re talking about going over and being on park property, flying over park property anything like that. But if I want to set up a webcam at my house that’s facing Kings Island that has absolutely nothing to do with the park and there wishes. That’s my property and the park has no say about that. Absurd to think anything otherwise. 

So in your mind, when the park says no they don’t want you to videotape them, you take that as a yes. That’s a very, very dangerous route to take. Just abide by the parks wishes.

• Like 2
  • Confused 3

27 minutes ago, bengalsguy23 said:

It is not right to position a camera on your property to spy on private property like Kings Island. It may be on YOUR property, but it is watching another. It is the same idea if you positioned a camera in your backyard, spying on your neighbors. Not only it is denying Kings Island to its right of privacy, but it is also none of your business. We are enthusiasts who have a good relationship with the park. Let’s keep it that way and give the Kings Island some privacy!

• Like 1
  • Confused 4

3 minutes ago, bengalsguy23 said:

^When has the park asked you not to video tape them. They asked not to fly over or step on park property 

They’ve asked us repeatedly. The fact they had to tweet out a think to tell us to get official information from KI’s official channels is a pretty good indication they don’t want us doing that regarding their construction projects. Just relax, watch Stranger Things, and wait the 6 weeks until opening.

• Like 4
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

We all just need to wait patiently. There's only just over a month and a half left until we all get to ride it. If the park wants to keep something from being viewed by the public we shouldn't be going out of our way to undermine that.

• Like 3
  • Confused 2

8 minutes ago, gforce1994 said:

They’ve asked us repeatedly. The fact they had to tweet out a think to tell us to get official information from KI’s official channels is a pretty good indication they don’t want us doing that regarding their construction projects. Just relax, watch Stranger Things, and wait the 6 weeks until opening.

That’s a reach. That would be like the bengals constructing a new stadium and telling people not to watch. Tell me explicitly where Kings Island asked us not to. I’m not talk about enter onto the pickup or anything like that I get it. Where have they said not to record Orion from off property? Telling us to get official information from them is you reaching. 

• Like 7

The footage that KI released of Orion testing is much better than anything that could be captured from Great Wolf, KI passenger drop-off, or the Sunoco station. The park has made general requests to enthusiasts over the years to avoid becoming the off-season park paparazzi.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1

This again...

-No there is no law against filming/taking photos from off property

-Yes you can fly over the park

-Kings Island saying pretty please don't do something doesn't mean it's law

Lastly this would not repeatedly come up if the park was forward in the first place instead up being abstract. How hard is it to say, "For the safety of our team leading the construction we will be for the remainder of the build shut down our webcams, Thank you for understanding"

• Like 4
  • Thanks 4