Orion Construction Photos

IndyGuy4KI

I think the irony was missed of that quote consistently being misattributed to Franklin, and using it in this discussion as such. I used it in jest.
However, if someone wants to point a camera at KI, cool, whatever.  If no one does, cool, whatever.  I cannot think of something that matters any less than if some one does, or doesn't do that.

Edit/Addition: As far as getting back on topic, I'm all for that.  But this thread is literally titled, "Orion Construction Photos."  And since the park is very selectively releasing multimedia for us to consume (which is fine, they're allowed to operate as such), we're left with discussing providing our own material. 

• Like 1

If the park was so concerned about people videoing testing, maybe they should have thought twice before signing off on a 300-foot coaster. That they built such a highly visible ride, then expect us to just look away when it starts testing again, is one of the most ridiculous things I’ve heard in a while.

• Like 18

8 minutes ago, KIghostguy said:

If the park was so concerned about people videoing testing, maybe they should have thought twice before signing off on a 300-foot coaster. That they built such a highly visible ride, then expect us to just look away when it starts testing again, is one of the most ridiculous things I’ve heard in a while.

The thing is people have a glorified view of testing. It’s ensuring every situation is reviewed and tested for, before the product is handed off. 

The park will provide information in due time. No need to be the TMZ of the theme park news.

• Confused 6

4 minutes ago, gforce1994 said:

The thing is people have a glorified view of testing. It’s ensuring every situation is reviewed and tested for, before the product is handed off. 

The park will provide information in due time. No need to be the TMZ of the theme park news.

This is the largest investment in the park's history and people have a right to be interested in seeing it test. Nobody is being TMZ, nobody is trespassing in the park. Again, it's such a massive ride, it's impossible to miss seeing it testing. 

• Like 10

I think what the park doesn’t want is a ton of people hanging out in the surrounding subdivisions and business property becoming a nuisance. While not against the law do so, that kind of behavior is annoying on a large scale. However I don’t think there are hoards of people doing that so it is all really a non-issue.  

• Like 6

I think we can all agree that what is required by law and what the park requests may be two different things. Any concerns of these policies need to go directly to the park. We should not be arguing with each other about it on KIC. Having a civil discussion about policies is fine, but arguing with each other just hurts the reputation of enthusiasts. 

Any more arguing will be cleaned up.

1 hour ago, Shawn Meyer said:

I have a suggestion for the moderators on here. Could we make the countdown numbers above the page stand out more please? It's hard to see.

I have tried to change that, it does not giving any text formatting options to change it. Sorry.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, IndyGuy4KI said:

I think we can all agree that what is required by law and what the park requests may be two different things. Any concerns of these policies need to go directly to the park. We should not be arguing with each other about it on KIC. Having a civil discussion about policies is fine, but arguing with each other just hurts the reputation of enthusiasts. 

Any more arguing will be cleaned up.

I have tried to change that, it does not giving any text formatting options to change it. Sorry.

No one here is arguing, debating yes which is fine. Moreso the community is sharing shared frustration which is perfectly healthy especially since the entire topic is question has been very abstract from the park in the last decade and has been time and time again been disproven. I openly do want to continue hearing from everyone on this topic because it does open doors for discussion and can help lead everyone perhaps to a better understanding of the whole subject matter.

Our community is stronger than ever guys! Our reputation is good! Don't think otherwise, you guys are awesome!

• Like 7

26 minutes ago, bengalsguy23 said:

I wasn’t trying to start an argument with anyone. I just wanted a piece of evidence to back up a claim that was being made on here. So asking, let’s say I take video of Orion testing off of Kings Island property am I allowed to post?

Off property, and not a drone, yes!

• Like 1

18 hours ago, malem said:

The footage that KI released of Orion testing is much better than anything that could be captured from Great Wolf, KI passenger drop-off, or the Sunoco station. The park has made general requests to enthusiasts over the years to avoid becoming the off-season park paparazzi.

3 minutes ago, Benjamin22 said:

Based off of this video it looks like Orion will fly through the layout. 

Imagine if we could sow all of the Orion haters this right after it was announced. I'm actually shocked at how fast that goes. This will definitely be the best ride at Kings Island.

• Like 3