Orion Construction Photos

IndyGuy4KI

The trim is still most likely off. Also isn’t it true that they usually start testing with hard wheels (forget what they are made of) then determine the type of wheels they will use later in the testing period. But also the ride hasn’t warmed up. Basically just saying there’s a lot of variables still in play for ride speed. Still looks very quick right now which is a good sign. 

• Like 3

The trim is still most likely off. Also isn’t it true that they usually start testing with hard wheels (forget what they are made of) then determine the type of wheels they will use later in the testing period. But also the ride hasn’t warmed up. Basically just saying there’s a lot of variables still in play for ride speed. Still looks very quick right now which is a good sign. 

The trim will only effect that last showing of the train going over the airtime hill. Everything before it will normally go as fast as the video shows maybe even faster.

Edit: also saw this on a post on reddit about Orion’s test run today.

05cf07adef86587f345557245a5db190.jpg

• Like 3

We saw Orion testing from the Little Miami Trail today which was very close to the ride and I will tell you that it was absolutely flying through the elements. It was even going much faster than I anticipated through that huge turnaround. A very nice surprise. I hope it's like this when it opens.

• Like 7

Watching the test video: more evidence Orion is gonna haul from start to finish. The sideways turn looks very fast, and then the 200+ foot turnaround is taken at speeds near or above what Millennium Force takes during its first overbanked turn. And that is with the 170+ foot sideways hill before it to burn off speed, with a drop that is the same height (300 foot drops for both)!

Orion may only be a 60-second ride from the top of the lift to the final brakes, but it should be a pretty darn intense and epic 60 seconds.

• Like 3

We saw Orion testing from the Little Miami Trail today which was very close to the ride and I will tell you that it was absolutely flying through the elements. It was even going much faster than I anticipated through that huge turnaround. A very nice surprise. I hope it's like this when it opens.

Since you’ve seen it in person, how do you think that first sideways hill element will feel? I’ve gotten in some talks with people who believe there won’t be any airtime on it and one has actually said hangtime. I personally think it will feel just like normal airtime but your body is sideways even though it does slightly turn to the left.
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, Fishely said:

Since you’ve seen it in person, how do you think that first sideways hill element will feel? I’ve gotten in some talks with people who believe there won’t be any airtime on it and one has actually said hangtime. I personally think it will feel just like normal airtime but your body is sideways even though it does slightly turn to the left.

Depends on the angles.  Hopefully it's not like

https://rcdb.com/15115.htm#p=102867

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Fishely said:

It's hard to predict how that element will feel since it's new for a B&M. The only thing I could see is that it was going very fast through it. I'm expecting some vertical floater into some lateral floater airtime. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, kirbias1 said:

It's hard to predict how that element will feel since it's new for a B&M. The only thing I could see is that it was going very fast through it. I'm expecting some vertical floater into some lateral floater airtime. 

How is it new?  It's an element in the above link I posted.

1 hour ago, coaster sally said:

Look at my link, this is not a RMC type waveturn.

Well yeah, but it's still a wave turn. I may be wrong, but I think this is the first waveturn on any B&M. Plus, it is the first wave turn on a giga. Orion is a step up B&M, and if they keep this up, they might start putting in RMC like elements.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, ThrillKingsFitzy said:

Well yeah, but it's still a wave turn. I may be wrong, but I think this is the first waveturn on any B&M. Plus, it is the first wave turn on a giga. Orion is a step up B&M, and if they keep this up, they might start putting in RMC like elements.

I am not trying to argue, but my link to the eagle coaster in China has a element like the one on our great coaster Orion.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, coaster sally said:

The longer it stays in the element the less snappier?

Yes less snappy but it is physically in the element longer. And I guess not less snappy inherinitely depending on how quickly it banks. It also banks more than the other picture.