Orion Construction Photos

IndyGuy4KI

20 minutes ago, Fishely said:

Were you able to tell if it was just those 2 cycles or did they test anymore after?

I watched three altogether, then had to leave to go to a doctor’s appointment. They probably tested more. I just looked out the window and lo and behold, a train was going up the lift!

• Like 4

48 minutes ago, txdrummer said:

Interesting. Testing in these relatively high wind gusts. Good opportunity for testing in weather conditions that are always a possibility in this region.

I cant remember if it was in a interview or if it was in the fury documentary but they have to be able to test it 500 times in a row before they can allow people to ride, even if they are at 499 cycles and somethings goes wrong, they have to start from the beginning. 

• Like 1

Would 110%  not be surprised if they released a POV within days before or after the park opening. I would also imagine that they would want to fully develop the area around it before they post a video of it. Wouldn't look to good to post a pov of a ride WHILE it is still under construction. Though the track and systems may be complete, there is still work left to be done.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, collin.klopfstein said:

I cant remember if it was in a interview or if it was in the fury documentary but they have to be able to test it 500 times in a row before they can allow people to ride, even if they are at 499 cycles and somethings goes wrong, they have to start from the beginning. 

I believe that has been disproven on this forum before.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, hotrodyoda said:

I doubt that KI is running the actual wheels that the ride will normally use.  Usually testing happens on harder, nylon wheels before switching them out for softer wheels with a higher rolling resistance.

So what you are saying is that he soft wheels will make it faster or slower?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, hotrodyoda said:

I doubt that KI is running the actual wheels that the ride will normally use.  Usually testing happens on harder, nylon wheels before switching them out for softer wheels with a higher rolling resistance.

Actually, I believe in the GateKeeper documentary, they talked about how they run softer wheels for testing and then put the harder wheels on and run it with the harder wheels. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1