Orion Construction Photos

IndyGuy4KI

Just now, KI FANATIC 37 said:

Up where? If you look at the construction plans for the coaster there is 100% a trim there. It may be like the Banshee trim that was installed but is no longer used.

hmm not sure. guess well find out lol 

Just throwing this out there. Magnetic brakes such as the ones they use on amusement park rides (coasters or flat rides) utilize permanent magnets. Therefore there is no way to "turn off" this trim without removing the brake magnets or the brake fin itself.

The speed we see in these videos of testing is 99% likely going to be the speed on opening day.

• Like 2

Just throwing this out there. Magnetic brakes such as the ones they use on amusement park rides (coasters or flat rides) utilize permanent magnets. Therefore there is no way to "turn off" this trim without removing the brake magnets or the brake fin itself.
The speed we see in these videos of testing is 99% likely going to be the speed on opening day.

I’ve heard fury’s trims can be toggled on and off.

25 minutes ago, Fishely said:

I’ve heard fury’s trims can be toggled on and off.

After looking into it again it appears that Orion's trim brake will be a pneumatic mag brake. There is a compressor right next the brake and they are running conduits to the brake. This would be the same kind of brake they used on fury. Disregard my last post. Sorry to prove myself wrong lol.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

You can see from the video that the quonset hut is actually a pretty good size. Looks like we might have a really cool show building on this ride, which will really help setup the theming and Area 72 storyline.

• Like 6

31 minutes ago, Benjamin22 said:

Interesting they cleared this area out, anyone got any theory’s? (Referring to the top left of the photo)

Also I’m surprised they may not be removing the Dinosaurs Alive path.

2DE41CBD-5593-4DEB-938D-027C06B2A0B0.jpeg

I am noticing the new queue area for FOF. Will be interesting to see how that ends up when finished.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, IndyGuy4KI said:

I am noticing the new queue area for FOF. Will be interesting to see how that ends up when finished.

I noticed that too - they've enclosed the former outdoor queue.  Oh - and it seems pretty obvious that those are bathrooms that they've added closer to The Racer.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Shaggy said:

Oh - and it seems pretty obvious that those are bathrooms that they've added closer to The Racer.

It’s a food stand, unfortunately.

3 minutes ago, Gordon Bombay said:

Question: what is this thing?

Untitled.png

It’s used for Field of Screams during Haunt.

• Like 3

A few things standout to me

1. How much of the old DA land is still standing
  2. It feels like they made the whole A72 larger
  3. The building in the Orion que is fully enclosed
  4. Trims on the floater hill
  5. The paint job on the maintenance buildings standout more than on the webcam
  6. Does it look like they're doing work in the grassy area between FoF and Racer?
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, bengalsguy23 said:

the games buildings in the center of coney mall have been repainted and It looks like the main games attached to the arcade have also received a paint job.

Plus Coney Confections is now a yellowish color.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, Oldschool75 said:

There are a lot of changes that are happening in that area and things are ramping up quick to finish before media day. I think everyone will enjoy them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

New coaster, renovated FoF que, Area 72, & Coney Mall touch-ups. Am I missing anything?

• Like 1