Orion Construction Photos

IndyGuy4KI

51 minutes ago, Rivertown Rider said:

image.png

A few thoughts that I have:

1. If those are restrooms to the left in the picture of the Chaos building, hats off to Cedar Fair for putting those in.  Time will tell if those get built in 5 and a half weeks or not but this is great news if that is true.

2. The themed food stand appears to be already finished right in front of Chaos.  Wonder what type of food that they will have?  Will we finally get our season long mac and cheese stand?

3. The old entrance to the FOF queue appears to be leveled out instead of sloped like it was before.  I believe part of what was going in there was lockers, but is it possible part of the area will also be a store?  I believe the blueprints showed the entire new queue for FOF going around thru part of the old Firehawk queue.

4. Above all, I am most curious what they are doing beside of the exit to FOF.  Is it possible we are getting a flat?

That drop headchopper looks amazing in this pic. Yes I know, it is the wrong angle to get a good idea of what it will actually feel like but darn that's cool. Also the first and blue track have an amazing contrast. Personally, I think they left the paths for two reasons 1) Maintenance and 2) Making future expansion easier. Expanding to the other side of Orion brings land into play and brings your big ride into a more centralized, impressive view. Talking like 2030 for that much expansion though.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, King Ding Dong said:

Someone has never watched Gomer Pyle, U.S.M.C :D   “Surprise, Surprise, Surprise!”  (Gomer was kind of the original Forrest Gump)  I even learned how to plug and spike a watermelon watching that “family show”.

A Quonset hut is a cheap prefabricated building made of corrugated and galvanized sheet metal with a semicircular roof.  Used extensively in WWII and after primarily as barracks for troops.  Many were surplussed after the war so you will see them still around, frequently used as barns, storage sheds, vehicle storage etc.   

#whatsinthequonset

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

Thanks, Walt! For curiosity, I timed the train from the midpoint at the top of the lift until it is on the brake-run.  ~51 or 52 seconds.  Really hoping that the ops are spectacular, this thing could eat people up with a constant 3 train op.

30 minutes ago, hotrodyoda said:

Thanks, Walt! For curiosity, I timed the train from the midpoint at the top of the lift until it is on the brake-run.  ~51 or 52 seconds.  Really hoping that the ops are spectacular, this thing could eat people up with a constant 3 train op.

No loose articles, so that helps. Most slow downs involve guests. Especially those with different abilities as well as those who simply can’t fit in the ride. I’m very confident that this will crank through people. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Klabergian Empire said:

Did I miss something? What "strobe lights" are we talking about?

On the KI website, it said that Orion will contain strobe lighting. Sow we are assuming the strobe lighting is the ride cameras.

1 minute ago, Kodistict said:

On the KI website, it said that Orion will contain strobe lighting. Sow we are assuming the strobe lighting is the ride cameras.

Ok lemme check this out real quick...

EDIT: Ok so according to the "Rider Safety Information", Orion will contain the usage of strobe lighting. So....what's the big deal about that?:huh:

8 minutes ago, Klabergian Empire said:

Ok lemme check this out real quick...

EDIT: Ok so according to the "Rider Safety Information", Orion will contain the usage of strobe lighting. So....what's the big deal about that?:huh:

Not sure. it might just be the ride cameras because of the rapid flash, or it might be some type of theming element.

2 minutes ago, Kodistict said:

Not sure. it might just be the ride cameras because of the rapid flash, or it might be some type of theming element.

Cameras as in cameras that take on ride photos or cameras catching people line jumping and stuff like that or...?

8 minutes ago, FUN&ONLY! said:

Orion is also going to have a lighting package, so the strobe lighting is probably refereeing to the DMX lighting. The strobe lighting is probably referring to both the lighting and the camera.

Proof that its getting a lighting package, caught them messing with the lights about a month and a half ago early in the morning on the webcam:

5y65u56iu65.PNG

• Like 2