Orion Construction Photos

IndyGuy4KI

52 minutes ago, collin.klopfstein said:

Proof that its getting a lighting package, caught them messing with the lights about a month and a half ago early in the morning on the webcam:

5y65u56iu65.PNG

I would disagree. In my overstated opinion, I think this is nothing more than a work spotlight from below and that it would have been too early in construction for the lights to be installed. 

2 hours ago, Klabergian Empire said:

Ok lemme check this out real quick...

EDIT: Ok so according to the "Rider Safety Information", Orion will contain the usage of strobe lighting. So....what's the big deal about that?:huh:

Generating clicks and creating a story out of nothing. 

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

15 minutes ago, Waltny said:

I would disagree. In my overstated opinion, I think this is nothing more than a work spotlight from below and that it would have been too early in construction for the lights to be installed. 

There will be a light package and a part of it was described to me similar to what's in the screenshot. I would say it's probable that @collin.klopfstein did indeed catch a little test of that aspect.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, KIghostguy said:

There will be a light package and a part of it was described to me similar to what's in the screenshot. I would say it's probable that @collin.klopfstein did indeed catch a little test of that aspect.

Will there be a light strip on the lift like Fury? If yes, would they travel up similar to Valravn? 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Klabergian Empire said:

Ok lemme check this out real quick...

EDIT: Ok so according to the "Rider Safety Information", Orion will contain the usage of strobe lighting. So....what's the big deal about that?:huh:

i don't know if coasters are good for people with seizures but you have to have the warning because strobe lighting is a big trigger for people who suffer from them- so they can be prepared. i've even seen warnings in movies that have similar effects just in-case.  But that's probably it no story lol

• Like 3

Before anyone says anything, this is the exact video Kings Island linked to the KI Blog below:

https://www.visitkingsisland.com/blog/2020/march/aerial-view-of-kings-islands-new-giga-coaster-opening-in-april

If you guys watch the video closely, you can see The Vortex plot and that it appears that not much of the shrubbery was saved during its removal.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Klabergian Empire said:

Before anyone says anything, this is the exact video Kings Island linked to the KI Blog below:

https://www.visitkingsisland.com/blog/2020/march/aerial-view-of-kings-islands-new-giga-coaster-opening-in-april

If you guys watch the video closely, you can see The Vortex plot and that it appears that not much of the shrubbery was saved during its removal.

Love the rock and roll music they picked.

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, Cedar Fair Fanboy said:

Here's Area 72 that I drawn as of now.

Layout.png

Sorry that take up a lot of space

Not sure what you’re trying to say—everything you have written was already said in the blueprints. Also, you have the Orion entrance building marked as the food stand. The food stand is a new build where the hillside was.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, collin.klopfstein said:

I really hope Orion gets one of this animations/ commercials like Fury 325: 

The company that made the commercial, Carbon VFX, did not work with Cedar Fair to make a Yukon striker or Copperhead strike commercial. Wouldn’t hold my breath on them making one for Orion. 

• Like 3

On 3/7/2020 at 2:00 PM, Fishely said:

There was a tour of Orion today, all these pictures are from r/rollercoasters on reddit 

0F89C0E4-5C0B-453C-9638-CCA664660F24.jpeg

370B88A8-8E69-4AEB-AE0F-07E8BB80D7D0.jpeg

So THOSE 2 pictures SURE make it seem like you'll be able to walk way back along the ride.  Why else would the fence (and pathway) be there?   

Maybe it will eventually lead to another area of the park they'll add on...

• Like 2

Just now, Driver8rws said:

So THOSE 2 pictures SURE make it seem like you'll be able to walk way back along the ride.  Why else would the fence (and pathway) be there?   

The fence is present around all low points of the ride to ensure rider and outside safety. This is a common practice on tons of rollercoasters. Notice of the fences only surround the troughs of the ride. 

• Like 5

I doubt it. It looks similar to the same security fencing around other rides. Perimeter roads for maintenance purposes only.
  • Like 2