Orion Construction Photos

IndyGuy4KI

On 3/7/2020 at 3:29 PM, calakapepe said:

Man nothing makes me miss trees quite like a new B&M coaster at a Cedar Fair park XD

Exactly    Was it really necessary to remove all those trees? Especially at the turn around so close to The Beast!   

• Like 2

2 hours ago, super7 said:

Exactly    Was it really necessary to remove all those trees? Especially at the turn around so close to The Beast!   

I suspect to have equipment be able to move freely through a relatively tight space. Also I'm sure the park won't have to worry about trimming trees that get too close to the coaster in the future.

I do wish the trees were spared towards the back by The Beast. It makes the land seem less remote. I hope Cedar Fair takes the initiative to plant some trees in spaces that wound see any future development. There's some space along Diamondback that I think could use some trees.

• Like 6

On 3/7/2020 at 2:00 PM, Fishely said:
9 hours ago, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

I think it's for the lockout/tagout things that employees have to do from time to time. 

Would have thought they just would have used crappier looking chain link fence or something...  darn...

One of the really cool things about Fury325 is being able to get close and take some awesome pictures.

I'm happy to see they kept Jane Cooper's initials on Flight of Fear. Also, it looks like they are beginning to inflict the "damage" to the area and Flight of Fear hangar like in the trailer. 

I'm most curious on where the entrance sign will go. There doesn't look to be a clear/obvious spot to put it.

• Like 3

I was sent the videos and I saw they are indeed putting up a giant wooden fence where Vortex was. Likely just a keep out fence since I do not think there is a coaster going there yet especially since we are getting Orion. However, tbh I would like them do do something on the fence like advertisements or decorate it to make it not look like an eyesore in Coney Mall. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

I was sent the videos and I saw they are indeed putting up a giant wooden fence where Vortex was. Likely just a keep out fence since I do not think there is a coaster going there yet especially since we are getting Orion. However, tbh I would like them do do something on the fence like advertisements or decorate it to make it not look like an eyesore in Coney Mall. 

Can we not talk about this. I don’t want the surprise spoiled.

• Confused 4
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, collin.klopfstein said:

I was watching a new drone video of Orion and Vortex. The food stand is definitely a food stand not bathrooms :( . Also Vortex’s old plot of land doesn’t have many trees. Pm if you want link or pictures 

You need to watch it again. 

• Confused 1

Just now, MrSourNinja said:

Sadly it doesn’t look like we will be getting a big Banshee or steel vengeance sign for Orion. :(

That’s fine, Diamondback & Mystic Timbers have good looking signs. IIRC the logo is going to be put onto the former Firehawk photo booth building according to the announcement video. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, CedarFairFan787 said:

I really hope that the park puts in an amazing sign with the logo like they did with Banshee because Banshee's sign is considered one of the best in the country. If they did that with Orion, that would be amazing and look great.

Based on the animation and current work being done, I don't think it is going to happen. The park is putting a lot of effort into the theming of Area 72. It looks like the entrance of Orion is supposed to "flow" with the rest of the area. I would guess a giant, vibrant ID sign would throw off the "sense of place". Knowing Cedar Fair, they will probably do something cool and unique to mark the entrance of the ride. ^_^

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SonofBaconator said:

Enthusiasts: "Can't you paint your B&M gigas another color besides blue?"

Cedar Fair:

Sorry I felt like posting a meme

B&M: Ok, we have the layout finished for you. Now, what color scheme would you like ? We have a large selection, black, green, red, yellow,  how about even a two toned track like Fur-

Cedar Fair: 

• Like 5

One from the front, one from the back. 

I’m surprised it took me this one to bump into another KIC member out there in the drop off or out back of GWL. Nice meeting you too @Hawaiian Coasters 325!

So another funny story... out back of GWL as I was shooting there I had to hang the shutter which at 200mm can be a pain as every slight movement is greatly magnified. So as I pixel peeped, it looked like I had a lot of shake. The odd thing was that the supports were sharp but it looked like the fencing on lift was shaking. I was getting frustrated as it seemed like each one was doing it. Then I noticed movement on the lift... they were running trains in the dark. After seeing them, I could then hear it. So if you look close enough, you can see motion blur from the train on the top of the lift hill and it looks to be the dark blue train. With that said, anyone is free to call fake news but I know what we saw and heard.    

70B6CC88-7C76-4DA3-B816-761E05C73570.jpeg

5D771928-4F6F-4BE9-A1AB-6DAF0F2DA02E.jpeg

• Like 9

3 minutes ago, Waltny said:

One from the front, one from the back. 

I’m surprised it took me this one to bump into another KIC member out there in the drop off or out back of GWL. Nice meeting you too @Hawaiian Coasters 325!

70B6CC88-7C76-4DA3-B816-761E05C73570.jpeg

5D771928-4F6F-4BE9-A1AB-6DAF0F2DA02E.jpeg

I guess that answers our question about Orion having the same LED strip that Fury 325 has on it’s lift hill.