Orion Construction Photos

IndyGuy4KI

7 hours ago, calakapepe said:

I'm hoping we get the steel vengeance metal detector, loose article treatment to go along with the militarized, high-security theming!

Could the "prop building" be the metal detector area?

• Haha 2

11 hours ago, calakapepe said:

I'm hoping we get the steel vengeance metal detector, loose article treatment to go along with the militarized, high-security theming!

I think it should be a full blown TSA checkpoint. Full body scanners, explosive detectors, the works!

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, disco2000 said:

IndyGuy - you moved where the link is at, so this now comes up as an error...feel free to remove this post after you correct the link!

When I merged them I did it wrong and the link got changed. Fixed it above.

3 hours ago, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

This drone guy on YouTube is putting up tons of flyover videos of Kings Island. There are some that go over Orion, as well as near The Beast, and Diamondback, as well as the old Vortex plot of land. I won't be posting them here because of the rules on here about those. 

What are the chances the drone guy is actually affiliated with the park? Like how people thought Tony Clark was leaking Steel Vengeance construction photos before it was announced? Lol

• Confused 1

On 3/13/2020 at 5:21 PM, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

This drone guy on YouTube is putting up tons of flyover videos of Kings Island. There are some that go over Orion, as well as near The Beast, and Diamondback, as well as the old Vortex plot of land. I won't be posting them here because of the rules on here about those. 

A bit off Orion topic but with that guy.. and his Beast flyover.. it looks like there has been significant work done on the second half of The Beast. Both track and new supports, I'm glad to see all the new wood on the area coming out of the helix as this area was the most rough part of the entire track. 

• Like 4

Not trying to get off topic here, but one of those videos shows off just how much work they've done on the land that once occupied Vortex. Is it just me, or does that land seem kind of small? I know once you get the engineers involved in building things, that land will be filled up like nothing ever was removed.

• Like 4