Orion Construction Photos

IndyGuy4KI

6 minutes ago, collin.klopfstein said:

Introducing Polaris, the wing coaster. Well, if We wouldn't have gotten a Giga :D 

donkey.PNG

Hmm, personally I would have enjoyed anything that isn't a B&M. Not that I don't enjoy their rides I just find with 2 already in the park some change would be nice for variety. Mack, Vekoma, RMC, or even Intamin would be a nice change.

• Like 5

Thankfully for you, we may only get 1 more B&M in the future unless they reinvent their offerings!
If I were a bettin man, I'd expect Orion to be the last one; meaning Vortex won't be replaced by B&M.. Just a hunch.

--

Thanks for the shots, Waltny! Today's a good day, knowing we got an LED strip. As it's been no secret, I've always wanted KI's giga to at least be a little more special. I'm glad we will at least let it shine with a sleek, uninterrupted light. :) 
Now.. if we could only get a tunnel on the dang thing, I might shut up about the short length.. might :p

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, calakapepe said:

--

Thanks for the shots, Waltny! Today's a good day, knowing we got an LED strip. As it's been no secret, I've always wanted KI's giga to at least be a little more special. I'm glad we will at least let it shine with a sleek, uninterrupted light. :) 
Now.. if we could only get a tunnel on the dang thing, I might shut up about the short length.. might :p

Welcome. It appears some folks aren’t sure what the difference is so I’ll try a side by side zoomed in a close.

Am I wrong in thinking I see 2 or maybe 3 white LED strips?

7AF14B49-508F-4334-8E3C-E47B94F0DF4A.png

6E6573BC-024F-4339-BEEE-85FB16D87CE6.png

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Waltny said:

Welcome. It appears some folks aren’t sure what the difference is so I’ll try a side by side zoomed in a close.

Am I wrong in thinking I see 2 or maybe 3 white LED strips?

7AF14B49-508F-4334-8E3C-E47B94F0DF4A.png

6E6573BC-024F-4339-BEEE-85FB16D87CE6.png

Who knows at this point? Maybe there are three separate light strips that run up the lift hill and give a meteor shower effect. The lights could possibly be programmed to sync with the train on the lift hill.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, TheBEASTunchained said:

Based on the pictures, there appears to be two led strips on the bottom of the railing and a blue strip on the top directly under the handrail. 

This is what I see also. Now here are two more screen grabs, one from over on the River Trail and another from out front in the drop off when the sun is bearing down on it. 

This is the one from out front and shows a hand rail above the blue LED strip. Ignore the other hotspots from the sun on the track. It also looks like it is illuminating that white strip LED.

2BCEE0A1-CD2A-4903-8926-8B8D192D868F.png

Here is a look at from the river trail

83CA94BA-E1F6-434C-AFB7-BB5C4FA82B3D.png

• Like 5

That blue line (from the perspective of the lot), doesn't appear to be LED, definitely doesn't look illuminated, if it is. Waltny's pics, when the lights were on and off, show that blue line being unchanged; I think that's metal.
As for where the line stops (perspective of river trail) Maybe it is! Thanks for trying to make it clear to me; I'm just not fully convinced yet.

However.. What are those two "vertical" lines between the sections of the gate. Fury and Levi don't have those; not even fury, who has the LEDs for comparison.

EDIT: attached is Waltny's photo; seen above

15D5463C-F3CD-4B45-B31F-A968E29C4703.thumb.jpeg.0e36ac85e571c2f63f0fb0ce664c18e7.jpeg

• Like 3

The problem with the blue LED is the wavelength of light and where it falls on the luminance, tint and saturation of the spectrum. Blue light is harder to pick up by the naked eye than most like white and red, along with it having a tendency to be filtered out or suppressed by most newer cameras and screens. Add to the fact that this was taken at a time when there was a lot of ambient blue light, it’s barely going to show up. I also believe it wasn’t on full power, but that is only a guess. 

Since Fury was brought up, I don’t believe ours is going to be apples to apples. Fury has a single LED strip which is on the catwalk and it looks like we have 3 along the handrail. 

The secondary beauty of all this is that it seems about half the people who view it don’t see it or think I’m spreading fake news. So until KI goes live and beams this out like Clark Griswold in Christmas Vacation it seems as though the surprise isn’t ruined for some. I may head over to the river trail late afternoon and see if I can catch it from that angle and hopefully it becomes more clear for those interested. 

• Like 7

6 minutes ago, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

I can't really see what you're talking about. 

Your kidding and I ask that seriously because this time I felt I nailed it even mid day. I have another snippet from a larger clip I’ll look for and if it can’t be seen then... I honestly don’t know.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Waltny said:

Your kidding and I ask that seriously because this time I felt I nailed it even mid day. I have another snippet from a larger clip I’ll look for and if it can’t be seen then... I honestly don’t know.

I'm just confused. How do we know it's not just the sun shining on it? Also, why would they be testing the light during the day? 

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Waltny said:

Uh... not to sound rude but what exactly are we supposed to be seeing here? There's nothing happening in this video...

• Like 1