Orion Construction Photos

IndyGuy4KI

14 minutes ago, Phantom Theater said:

Uh... not to sound rude but what exactly are we supposed to be seeing here? There's nothing happening in this video...

42 minutes ago, Waltny said:

Your kidding and I ask that seriously because this time I felt I nailed it even mid day. I have another snippet from a larger clip I’ll look for and if it can’t be seen then... I honestly don’t know.

46 minutes ago, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

I can't really see what you're talking about. 

I am on team missing something. It just looks like glare off the handrail. Were the "lights" changing during the video because I couldn't notice any change? I was just wondering why I was looking at a 21 second photo.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, raggedman07 said:

Yea...its pulsing in the video...its there...its real....I wanna ride the durn thing

I don't think there's any pulsing. I think you might think that the graininess caused by the zoom is pulsing. You can see the same thing happening with the track on the drop.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Well, I guess there is that. 

It is going to be impossible then for me to show what they are doing when it’s testing during the day then which is why they are doing it that way of course. I can try to pull the exposure a bit, but if it can’t translate to video accurately then we will have to wait till they finally fire it up at night. 

I will say I though it was the sun’s reflection on it at first, until it did the same exact thing 2 times in a row as it cascaded up the lift hill. It was amazingly bright in the middle of the day, I can’t image how this will light up that side of the park at night.  So with that said and showing a side by side with it lit and unlit.... I have maybe 2 or 3 other video and photos that may show it slightly better. Then from there I won’t share till it’s absolute concrete. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

26 minutes ago, brenthodge said:

So, one shot with sun on the supports looks brighter than one WITHOUT sunlight on the supports. Proving what? Sunlight makes things brighter? 

Fixed it. 

In the one on the bottom the exposure is closer to the original and the LED strip is no near as bright especially near the base of the hill. 

Video is 1:55, lights start off and progress from there

Another one that shows it varying in intensity around 1 min long

• Like 2

I can see Orion from my house and that’s what it looks like every day around late afternoon/evening. The sunlight hits the rail and metal catwalk, causing that reflection. I’ll be honest, I can’t see anything different in the video or “lit/unlit” images other than the way the sun is hitting the track and catwalk.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, KIghostguy said:

I can see Orion from my house and that’s what it looks like every day around late afternoon/evening. The sunlight hits the rail and metal catwalk, causing that reflection. I’ll be honest, I can’t see anything different in the video or “lit/unlit” images other than the way the sun is hitting the track and catwalk.

No worries. I posted 2 more videos to show what I was seeing. I would agree that the late afternoon sun lights up the front of the lift and catwalk quite a bit and I even though that is what I was seeing out there. Once I started to see them pulse along with fade in and out that I convinced myself that it was the lights being tested. Otherwise all of my afternoon postings are nothing short of the rantings of a delusional madman. 

• Like 1

Well, thanks for the shots anyways! Hopefully it's not purely an illusion. I'm kind of in the camp of.. it seems that there are light strips.. but I'm not thinking they were illuminated in those videos. They only get brighter with the sun. I was hittin' all my number keys on my keyboard to compare different times in the video. Even if there's only brightness at the bottom of the lift, the sun is still more out than where the beginning of the video was.

Back to crossing my fingers!

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Waltny said:

Well, I guess there is that. 

It is going to be impossible then for me to show what they are doing when it’s testing during the day then which is why they are doing it that way of course. I can try to pull the exposure a bit, but if it can’t translate to video accurately then we will have to wait till they finally fire it up at night. 

I will say I though it was the sun’s reflection on it at first, until it did the same exact thing 2 times in a row as it cascaded up the lift hill. It was amazingly bright in the middle of the day, I can’t image how this will light up that side of the park at night.  So with that said and showing a side by side with it lit and unlit.... I have maybe 2 or 3 other video and photos that may show it slightly better. Then from there I won’t share till it’s absolute concrete. 

I am still not sure why people want to have a dark part of the park all light up.  The theme of the area/ ride does not support a bunch of bright lights. With bright lights on the lift, you are now adding light pollution to all the other rides including Beast, which is world renowned for its pitch black night rides.  

I also do not understand why people want to be bathed in light like Fury. I find Fury's lights very annoying, kills your night vision right before the coaster. If I wanted to ride blind, I would just close my eyes.  What is the point of it interacting with the terrain and head chopper if you can't see it due to the lift lights?  

I know some people may love these lights, and to be perfectly honest I have had LED light strips around my house, on stairs, behind TV's, in cabinets, etc. for a decade now.  It is old technology, not cutting edge and IMHO was a poor choice compared to the other options such as wheel and train lights.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, PilotDude said:

I am still not sure why people want to have a dark part of the park all light up.  The theme of the area/ ride does not support a bunch of bright lights. With bright lights on the lift, you are now adding light pollution to all the other rides including Beast, which is world renowned for its pitch black night rides.  

I also do not understand why people want to be bathed in light like Fury. I find Fury's lights very annoying, kills your night vision right before the coaster. If I wanted to ride blind, I would just close my eyes.  What is the point of it interacting with the terrain and head chopper if you can't see it due to the lift lights?  

I know some people may love these lights, and to be perfectly honest I have had LED light strips around my house, on stairs, behind TV's, in cabinets, etc. for a decade now.  It is old technology, not cutting edge and IMHO was a poor choice compared to the other options such as wheel and train lights.

Those wheel lights would have been sweet but I actually think having a cool light package just on the lift is the way to go. Leave the rest of the ride dark. The lift hovers over coney mall, not back by The Beast, so I think it will look eerie and foreboding lit up back there.

• Like 4

I also don't trust KI to keep wheel/ train lights updated and always working. Despite changes in ownership, we haven't seen it taken care of at the park before.
BLSC had onboard audio removed. WindSeeker, I've seen lights not working on the bottom of the carriages often. I'd love to be proven wrong but; it feels like an extra level of time-management/ care that is required to keep those up to date. Also, see my bolded text.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

10 hours ago, PilotDude said:

Im am not sure I want to see it as bright as the sun either, BUT if what I saw is correct(and it is, sadly due to the nature of LED light its hard to pick up that light during the day opposed to say incandescent) this will be seen clearly to Middletown or greater(internet stats say a candle can be seen from 3-30 miles away at night). It should bathe the park in near daylight if they pulse it at full on, but I would hope it is used sparingly I think at that intensity. I would also think some lights on the trains or LED wheels would be great, but then everyone would complain when they dont work or the ride would have to shelf a train for maintenance to keep them running. 

I was able to zoom in on a few shots I haven't posted and when it was on "low" as Id call it, the white bar along the bottom of the catwalk had about 2x2 foot squares moving back and forth along the lift like in animation and I think that can show up well enough on a post here if I edit it to show that. I also think the main light strip may be backlit LED, but more like a scoreboard where it is programmable to do different things. On that, I think the rail above it may be a round LED strip (or just picked up a glow from the strip below it) along with the blue one above it being more like Fury's green strip.   Ill have to add it as an edit to the post after the fact.

I also believe they don't want to tip their hand on what they do have with the lights(as you cant please everyone) which is why they were doing it during the late day sun where its very difficult to see. If I wasn't standing there staring at it for a period of time I would have blew it off as you all have. It took me 10 mins to fully convince myself of what I was seeing, but at that point what good does breaking the news of the lights matter if it appears questionable and it isn't in their full grandeur at night?

I give Don and Chad or whoever is the calling the shots on testing those lights full kudos on doing it with the sun to their full advantage....

The park 1.... chump enthusiast(me)...0. It sums up the line"The best place to hide is in plain sight" and Ill be darned if they aren't doing just that and doing it well, even high above the skyline. 

• Like 4

On 3/18/2020 at 3:36 PM, calakapepe said:

I also don't trust KI to keep wheel/ train lights updated and always working. Despite changes in ownership, we haven't seen it taken care of at the park before.
BLSC had onboard audio removed. WindSeeker, I've seen lights not working on the bottom of the carriages often. I'd love to be proven wrong but; it feels like an extra level of time-management/ care that is required to keep those up to date. Also, see my bolded text.

What’s weird is that the bottom pin lights on WindSeeker seems to be working at other parks. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, BoddaH1994 said:

What’s weird is that the bottom pin lights on WindSeeker seems to be working at other parks. 

Maybe that's why KI's is the most reliable. Just too many electrons being used for LED lighting.

spacer.png

• Haha 2

No staff at the parks until April 5. I don’t even know if Orion will open with the rest of the park if it opens mid-May. I don’t think it’s been certified by the state and from the drone videos a week ago there’s still much to be done in terms of site development.

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, KIghostguy said:

No staff at the parks until April 5. I don’t even know if Orion will open with the rest of the park if it opens mid-May. I don’t think it’s been certified by the state and from the drone videos a week ago there’s still much to be done in terms of site development.

I wonder if Construction crews are still there? Where I work, maintenance and construction workers are still doing their projects even though we are shut down.

• Like 2

23 hours ago, IndyGuy4KI said:

Queue line, theming, landscaping, final painting, signage. 

All the fine details to finish the area.

Wouldn't "landscaping, final painting, signage" all fall under theming? So all we have left is the line and theming?

• Like 1