Orion Construction Photos

IndyGuy4KI

11 hours ago, Nutterie said:

Wouldn't "landscaping, final painting, signage" all fall under theming? So all we have left is the line and theming?

No necessarily. Landscaping could mean mulching, planting trees, putting grass seed down(or whatever they use to make grass grow fast), and putting gravel in some areas. Final painting could be touch up paint on the rails of the ride and other places. Theming could mean installing props, textured/fixed lighting, and sound related items. 

I’d imagine these responsibilities full under different teams. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Gplez90 said:

No necessarily. Landscaping could mean mulching, planting trees, putting grass seed down(or whatever they use to make grass grow fast), and putting gravel in some areas. Final painting could be touch up paint on the rails of the ride and other places. Theming could mean installing props, textured/fixed lighting, and sound related items. 

I’d imagine these responsibilities full under different teams. 

You'd be right.  Certain portions of this might still be under the contracted parts, others would be part of Kings Island teams.  I'm guessing groups like Landscaping, the Sign Shop, Maintenance aren't covered under the employee restrictions.  Those are probably limited to the seasonal associates.

7 minutes ago, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

I'm wondering are crews still there doing queue line/theming stuff as well as testing? Ik KI doesn't have employees on site atm, but aren't the crews for Orion from sky high coasters? 

Yes. The crew that was constructing and testing Orion is Sky High Erectors.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Rivertown Rider said:

My prediction on Racer is that they'll paint and go back to the original painting scheme for the 50th.  I have no inside info on that, it is just a prediction.

I would love this. They have some extra times in their hands now. Maybe it will happen. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Rivertown Rider said:

My prediction on Racer is that they'll paint and go back to the original painting scheme for the 50th.  I have no inside info on that, it is just a prediction.

I wouldn't be surprised if whatever plans they had for the next few years have been changed/put on hold, tiny improvements such as this might be what we have to look forward to for the 50th. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Rivertown Rider said:

I hope for this more than I can express in words.

9 minutes ago, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

I believe the 50th will just be a celebration year with some park improvements. 

I agree with this 100%. I doubt that the park will get something major for the 50th. But I would imagine that we could see a ride or two go by then.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Klabergian Empire said:

I agree with this 100%. I doubt that the park will get something major for the 50th. But I would imagine that we could see a ride or two go by then.

I definitely think we will see more ride removals as a result of this not just here, but chainwide. I also am starting to think that we might have a larger gap between Orion and the next coaster. Ik I wouldn't like this, but I wouldn't be surprised if we don't see another coaster built at KI until 2025-2028. 

2 minutes ago, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

I definitely think we will see more ride removals as a result of this not just here, but chainwide. I also am starting to think that we might have a larger gap between Orion and the next coaster. Ik I wouldn't like this, but I wouldn't be surprised if we don't see another coaster built at KI until 2025-2028. 

I agree. Cedar Fair has started to remove their lineup of Arrow coasters. I really do think that the arrow coasters at Cedar Point are gonna be the last to go. As for Kings Island, I believe The Bat will go before Adventure Express (Also, @TombRaiderFTW I am not saying the ride will leave (Yet probably)). But I definitely see Invertigo leaving before the 50th. Cedar Fair has been removing their cheap cloned rides that Paramount gave them and Invertigo is on the chopping block. And I agree that we aren't gonna get another coaster for awhile. We might get another minor coaster in Planet Snoopy or something, but I see a major one coming at least past 2024.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Joshua said:

I wouldn't be surprised if whatever plans they had for the next few years have been changed/put on hold, tiny improvements such as this might be what we have to look forward to for the 50th. 

I think they might be in a hold status but I don't think the park is going to lose much money from this as long as they open mid May what ever days are lost are being added back to the calendar. Let's hope for the best and keep are heads held up high. This will be over before we know it. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, flightoffear1996 said:

I think they might be in a hold status but I don't think the park is going to lose much money from this as long as they open mid May what ever days are lost are being added back to the calendar. Let's hope for the best and keep are heads held up high. This will be over before we know it. 

The park opening in mid May is a stretch. I'm thinking mid June to early July. Hope I'm wrong.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, flightoffear1996 said:

I have been keep track on a spreadsheet and notice a slight down tick in new cases over night. Not sure if it's going to be a trend or if it's from a lack of testing.

We should expect to see multiple dips and surges over time with the testing data. Right now only healthcare workers or inpatients that a positive test would change treatment are getting tested for the most part. You still have some drive up testing being done, but that makes up less then 10% of the number of people tested based on some quick math. These drive up test centers tend so also use the slow results methods. Had a buddy get tested with a doctors recommendation, and he is on day 8 of waiting for results and he was told to expect results in 10-14 days.  Once these results start coming in the number will spike for about two weeks and then we will find our new "normal" rate of infections.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Benjamin22 said:

A recently uploaded drone video shows that small metal covers have now been installed, it also shows banners / signs that have been installed in the barrier wall by the stairs.

Can we get a link for the video? (Not Embedded)

• Like 3

-Hmm. I think chain-link would've been a better call for the queue walls. I get they may want to hide the open space, but as a military base theme.. it kinda works to not be quite as polished IMO. And once again, most of the queue is mostly left vulnerable to the Sun's heat..
-Glad to see what looks like a vent on the show building; I'm assuming it's for a fan to blow the collected hot air out of there; keep the air circulating.

Curious what's on those blue.. banners? that are hanging on the concrete-wall where FH used to turn into the station.

• Like 2