Orion Construction Photos

IndyGuy4KI

3 minutes ago, calakapepe said:

-Hmm. I think chain-link would've been a better call for the queue walls. And once again, most of the queue is mostly left vulnerable to the Sun's heat.. I get they may want to hide the open space, but as a military base theme.. it kinda works to not be quite as polished IMO.
-Glad to see an opening above the two door openings on the show building; I'm assuming it's for a fan to blow the collected hot air out of there; keep the air circulating.

Curious what's on those blue.. banners? that are hanging on the concrete-wall where FH used to turn into the station.

What banners? I can't find them anywhere in the video.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, collin.klopfstein said:

what video are you on, there is one recent drone video that they posted late, another one was posted yesterday which is recent

Kings Island Orion test run, and other Coasters Mavic 2 Zoom, it was posted march 25th

Edit: I found the right video. And I also wonder what those banners are.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Kodistict said:

Kings Island Orion test run, and other Coasters Mavic 2 Zoom, it was posted march 25th

Edit: I found the right video. And I also wonder what those banners are.

I'm not seeing the banners still...have watched numerous times lol.

10 minutes ago, collin.klopfstein said:

I will pm anybody who needs the link to the most recent video with the banners

Can you pm me the link with with roughly the time stamp of where these banners can be seen?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, tcraig88 said:

I'm not seeing the banners still...have watched numerous times lol.

Can you pm me the link with with roughly the time stamp of where these banners can be seen?

Welcome to KICentral! I know you joined 17 days ago, but I still like welcoming new members.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Gplez90 said:

Search Orion Kings Island on Youtube. 

(then sort by date listed to get the most recent) :)

2 hours ago, calakapepe said:

Curious what's on those blue.. banners? that are hanging on the concrete-wall where FH used to turn into the station.

Yep! Where Firehawk used to make its final right turn into the station.. lol *cough*
edit, not intending to be mean spirited; just found it funny that we got confused.
__

By the way, If anyone can play the video on a large TV or large monitor.. the video is in 4k.. maybe you can make it out. My screen ain't cuttin' it :p

another btw.. I have high hopes that our theoretical capacity might actually be pretty nice for this ride! It's short, the flat section of the final brakerun acts as a block, and the testing videos show how fast they might wish to run the ride.

• Like 1

I think there's gonna be some surprise with this ride that we don't know yet. Unknown quonset hut purpose and now solid wall between fast pass and regular lines. That wall even turns the corner at the top of the steps. Interesting to say the least. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

You know what would've been cool? A completely enclosed stairway with LED lights. 

I thought that but there's already an open railing on both side. My other thought, which I initially thought way back when we first saw that quonset hut is something like VR, and that building is the prep area. Would they do VR for Fast Lane only and the wall is to prevent people from giving the headset to people in the other line? 

• Like 1

Just now, jcovelli said:

I thought that but there's already an open railing on both side. My other thought, which I initially thought way back when we first saw that quonset hut is something like VR, and that building is the prep area. Would they do VR for Fast Lane only and the wall is to prevent people from giving the headset to people in the other line? 

I don't think we'll see VR on this coaster. That would slow down operations significantly. I believe CF stopped doing VR on Iron Dragon. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, calakapepe said:

(then sort by date listed to get the most recent) :)

Yep! Where Firehawk used to make its final right turn into the station.. lol *cough*
edit, not intending to be mean spirited; just found it funny that we got confused.
__

By the way, If anyone can play the video on a large TV or large monitor.. the video is in 4k.. maybe you can make it out. My screen ain't cuttin' it :p

Extremely hard to make it out,

on the top it appears to say the number 199 or 139

below that it appears to just be random numbers and possibly letters, rough guess 346C747T

• Thanks 1

Just now, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

I don't think we'll see VR on this coaster. That would slow down operations significantly. I believe CF stopped doing VR on Iron Dragon. 

It wouldn't slow anything down if they did it Fast Lane only. It slows down operations when they do it with everyone one the train in the station. If they did Fast Lane only and pre-rigged all the headsets while in line, I don't see that slowing anything down.. except the Fast Lane line maybe. 

• Like 1

Just now, Benjamin22 said:

VR on a giga coaster would be kind of bad imo, half the thrill of a giga coaster is seeing how high up you are

I agree, I love VR but not on coasters. They're always trying to sell Fast Lane passes though and people would go for it. 

Anyone notice on Flying High Dronez flyover of Area 72 that they have paved the area at the bottom of the small set of stairs angled towards maintenance area to look like walkway will eventually go under Orion for possible future Area 72 expansion? Very interesting.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, kirbias1 said:

Anyone notice on Flying High Dronez flyover of Area 72 that they have paved the area at the bottom of the small set of stairs angled towards maintenance area to look like walkway will eventually go under Orion for possible future Area 72 expansion? Very interesting.

I believe that ramp is actually left over from the former Firehawk exit ramp but yet I agree that they can easily expand area 72 (and they likely will)

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Benjamin22 said:

I believe that ramp is actually left over from the former Firehawk exit ramp but yet I agree that they can easily expand area 72 (and they likely will)

True, I just think it's interesting how they left it open at the bottom of the Firehawk ramp. The way they have it paved makes it look like they will use those steps to direct foot traffic down the other way towards the new path that will go under Orion sometime in future.

• Like 2

I don't think Vortex area has been leveled, I still see all the footers. It's just hard to tell elevation change when looking down onto the site. And maybe I'm missing it in a different thread but, I but can't believe no one is talking about all the work done on The Beast.

• Like 5

8 hours ago, mikejenkins1 said:

What track work on Beast?  Do you have pics/videos of it?

It's in the drone vids everyone is talking about. Looks like a ton of track work, a few new supports, and a bunch of replaced wood all over, mostly on the second half lift hill and helix. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1