Orion Construction Photos

IndyGuy4KI

15 minutes ago, Pagoda Gift Shop said:

I'm willing to bet that the track work on The Beast is all normal off-season maintenance.  People don't realize how much work and replacement is done on a normal basis.

It seems more significant than that, I don't ever remember seeing so much fresh wood. It looks like they focused on the area exiting the helix, which is where the track was the roughest. If you pause that "Kings Island Orion test run, and other Coasters Mavic 2 Zoom" video 6:52 you can see most of it. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, jcovelli said:

It seems more significant than that, I don't ever remember seeing so much fresh wood. It looks like they focused on the area exiting the helix, which is where the track was the roughest. If you pause that "Kings Island Orion test run, and other Coasters Mavic 2 Zoom" video 6:52 you can see most of it. 

When you look at the new drone footage from the 26th, you can see some steel supports that they put up on the helix.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

17 minutes ago, jcovelli said:

So now there's a solid fence around the entire queue, are they trying to make us feel claustrophobic? I'm not so sure I like that move, but maybe it will have something to do with theming. 

I think it would be nice if they put some cool "crack the code" signs or stuff with QR codes on it that can change to keep people interested and get people entertained while waiting in a long line. 

• Like 3

23 hours ago, jcovelli said:

So now there's a solid fence around the entire queue, are they trying to make us feel claustrophobic? I'm not so sure I like that move, but maybe it will have something to do with theming. 

wait, where did you see that? I don't think I saw that in any drone footage

19 minutes ago, Nutterie said:

oh, i see it. that might just be temporary while they do some landscaping outside of the queue or something, idk

That’s what I was thinking. A fence like that would not be aesthetically pleasing as a barbed wire fence. The wooden fence would make you feel to enclosed and claustrophobic. Also I hope we get some great theme omg in the giant area besides the break run, something like giant meteors and fire :)

• Like 3

There's usually at least some mulch/basic landscaping space between the queue or path areas and the fence, what they have up currently looks like the same basic stuff they put up around Vortex so could be temporary, or maybe just not painted or themed yet.

• Like 2

Some scenery news on Area 72. The left light post behind F.O.F. gate is completely wrecked by a meteoroid, and it's landed next to it cover by chain linked fences. Banner on the same gate have been put up. Their is some type of symbol and letter on the sign behind the vista-point support. (You can only see it up close if you look down, or go into the queue line for Orion.) Shads been supported and soon to be color.

"That's all over."

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Cedar Fair Fanboy said:

Some scenery news on Area 72. The left light post behind F.O.F. gate is completely wrecked by a meteoroid, and it's landed next to it cover by chain linked fences. Banner on the same gate have been put up. Their is some type of symbol and letter on the sign behind the vista-point support. (You can only see it up close if you look down, or go into the queue line for Orion.) Shads been supported and soon to be color.

"That's all over."

Source on that?

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, gforce1994 said:

First off why are we still talking about  drone videos? Also, why are we endorsing someone to go out during a pandemic, and break a stay-at-home order?

I’m sure he’s going to infect millions if he goes out, flies his drone, then drive back home

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

9 minutes ago, collin.klopfstein said:

why did you have to bring the coronavirus into this anyway, there is another thread. We are just trying to have a conversation about coasters

Because the thread was encouraging someone to do something that the government as ordered us not to do.

• Haha 3
  • Confused 7

3 minutes ago, gforce1994 said:

Because the thread was encouraging someone to do something that the government as ordered us not to do.

We’re still encourage to go out and take walks, get fresh air. The governors order did not prohibit going outside for exercise. 

• Like 10