Orion Construction Photos

IndyGuy4KI

I too am very pleased to see foldable maps return.

I'm also delighted to see that each area's midways are color coded again. Something that hasn't been implemented in years. It is nice to see a continued acknowledgement of the park's individual areas.

• Like 6

33 minutes ago, BringBackOurEagles said:

It looks like there was a little covered bridge over the lake that they drained to make Diamondback's splashdown. I never knew about that. Very cool.

There's a nice photo of it here. It was a Paramount casualty; I believe it was ripped out in the mid-90's along with the bridge over the pond in Oktoberfest.

• Like 7

Look how much water used to be in Rivertown!! It looks like there was a little covered bridge over the lake that they drained to make Diamondback's splashdown. I never knew about that. Very cool.

Yes, it connected to one of the nature trails that ran behind Columbia Palace.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 3

It's funny (silly?) to me they can still call that "area" Oktoberfest.... Is it really even an area anymore?   How is Viking Furry "Oktoberfest"?   And the slingshot thing?

What about the Festhaus you say?   Oh, you mean the "panda express building"?  

• Like 4

25 minutes ago, Driver8rws said:

It's funny (silly?) to me they can still call that "area" Oktoberfest.... Is it really even an area anymore?   How is Viking Furry "Oktoberfest"?   And the slingshot thing?

What about the Festhaus you say?   Oh, you mean the "panda express building"?  

I know what you mean. Start a discussion here:

• Like 2

5 hours ago, KIguy2004 said:

Is Orion still testing? @Waltny

The park is dead from views around the park. The rumor is that even the gold tags were staying home for the last two weeks. 
I will say that I only did a drive by 3 times in the last two weeks 

One odd development during the last week is that a large number of cars have been parked in the far north corner over by GWL and I don’t think they have moved in a few days. 

• Like 3