Orion Construction Photos

IndyGuy4KI

2 minutes ago, Waltny said:

The park is dead from views around the park. The rumor is that even the gold tags were staying home for the last two weeks. 
I will say that I only did a drive by 3 times in the last two weeks 

One odd development during the last week is that a large number of cars have been parked in the far north corner over by GWL and I don’t think they have moved in a few days. 

What does GWL mean?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, collin.klopfstein said:

I have a quick question, was today the last day to donate for the first riders event?

Yes but IIRC if you donate cash the day of the event in person you would still be able to participate aslong as it is $150

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Waltny said:

The park is dead from views around the park. The rumor is that even the gold tags were staying home for the last two weeks. 
I will say that I only did a drive by 3 times in the last two weeks 

One odd development during the last week is that a large number of cars have been parked in the far north corner over by GWL and I don’t think they have moved in a few days. 

What do you mean by gold tags? Is it the executives of the park?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

I emailed Kings Island about the webcam and the park map. Guest Services said they did not know anything about the webcam and would forward me to the correct individual. They also said I could get a 2020 park map once the park and offices open on May 2, 2020 at 10:00 A.M.

Edited by KIguy2004
  • Like 3
  • Confused 2

4 minutes ago, collin.klopfstein said:

One of my friends who flys a drone got a up close shot of the lift hill and railing. Very blue and definitely looks like an LED light strip, but he said it could just be brushed aluminum 

Is your friend with the drone the one you plug on here about the updates?

• Like 3

4 hours ago, collin.klopfstein said:

Yes lol

While he shouldn’t have been flying over the park, I really enjoyed his videos.

Edit: I also think @BSBMX (or someone else) noticed in the blueprints that there was going to be DMX lighting visible on pretty much every large hill including the lift hill, overbanked turn, turnaround, and helix. I think this is part of the blue lighting @collin.klopfstein spotted on the Orion Construction Webcam.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

There's this guy on Instagram who is posting drone pictures of KI everyday. He got a close pic of Orion and I can definitely see a blue light strip similar to Fury. 

I am interested! Who is this person?

• Like 3

It appears to be indicating that special precautions need to be taken if a  evacuation is necessary and the last car stopped forward of that line. I'm guessing that is near the point of no return as the train begins to crest.

• Like 3

They never quite said unused, rather, I think they meant a few years before another major coaster. However, they might be doing something else short term, such as the discussion of Monster Jam. However, I wish they would have refrained from flattening the terrain. Interactions with the terrain is usually one of my favorite elements on a ride.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, LovinMeSomeBanshee said:

They sure are doing a lot of work on The Vortex site for it to just sit there unused for a few years.  :huh:

Yeah I could definitely see a monster jam or forbidden frontier type attraction for the spot temporarily for the next couple of years, then they close that down and build a coaster

• Like 2