Orion Construction Photos

IndyGuy4KI

2 hours ago, disco2000 said:

Maybe he will be the actual first rider of an Orion test?

If we’re speculating, I’m going to fantasize that He’s taking Orion’s first rides with Claude Bolliger, Walter Mabillard, and a bunch of water dummies. Everyone is at least six feet apart and those clamshells aren’t too tight, just right. 

• Like 6

25 minutes ago, thatbandguy8807 said:

In other news.... Lol I have a question for everyone. Just from what we know about the layout, what does everyone think their favorite part of the ride will be? Obviously no one has ridden it yet but what is everyone's opinion? I stated before that I didn't notice that it seems like all of the turns on this ride are close if not taken at 90° degrees. This honestly excites me because of the speed that this thing looks like it will have throughout the entire course. I think for me, my favorite part is actually going to be going into the helix right after the speed hill. I'm expecting the g forces to be pretty good going through there. I can't wait until we all start sharing our personal experiences that we have once we start riding this ride.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

I'm digging that 2nd hill with the high banking at the top.  Air time combined with laterals is always an amazing combo.  The reverse treble clef turn around should be a close contender for me.  

And of course, being a giga, that glorious first drop. B)  The 4 across trains also keep faster pacing than the V-trains found on DB, so it should be cruising through elements, especially later in the layout. 

• Like 6

I mean, we also should be able to claim the record for world's tallest and longest final brake run:lol:. It'll be interesting since I already consider the Leviathan brake run insanely long, but also, I wonder if operations are good, will the train fly through the breaks, or will it always kill all the speed, It looks to be quiet a slow gradual stop like the other B&M Giga brakes, because I could see a bit of airtime if the brakes don't fully engage.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, thatbandguy8807 said:

I have a question for everyone. Just from what we know about the layout, what does everyone think their favorite part of the ride will be? Obviously no one has ridden it yet but what is everyone's opinion? I stated before that I didn't notice that it seems like all of the turns on this ride are close if not taken at 90° degrees. This honestly excites me because of the speed that this thing looks like it will have throughout the entire course. I think for me, my favorite part is actually going to be going into the helix right after the speed hill. I'm expecting the g forces to be pretty good going through there. I can't wait until we all start sharing our personal experiences that we have once we start riding this ride.

I'm looking forward to the banked camel back after the first drop (I refuse to call it a wave turn because the left radius produces positive G's not negative G's).  I think that element will have a somewhat unique feel to it and much different than anything at the park currently.

• Like 4

Call me crazy, but I am most anticipating seeing the massive ride itself as well as the newly themed Area 72. Once I take it all in, I will definitely hop in line and ride it. As far as the ride goes, I am most looking forward to the first 90 degree turn and  the speed hill after the turnaround, but I am not sure which one I am most excited for.

• Like 5

I'm definitely looking forward to the reverse trebel clef, as the trebel clef is my favorite of Fury's elements.  I also think that helix near the end has the potential to be the best element.

I do think this is going to be a case like a Lightning Rod where even though a short ride, it packs so many elements in that it will be a great coaster and should easily be the best steel coaster in the park.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Rivertown Rider said:

I'm definitely looking forward to the reverse trebel clef, as the trebel clef is my favorite of Fury's elements.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe Orion will be the second giga in the world, behind Steel Dragon 2000, to have two hills taller than 200ft.

• Like 4

Hopefully Orion is better than SD2000, plenty of reviews say its boring.  Coaster Studios in his review said he only rode it once and did not want to ride it again.  

i have no doubt it will be, considering that CS puts Leviathan higher than SD2000, that’s not a high bar to jump...
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, coaster sally said:

Hopefully Orion is better than SD2000, plenty of reviews say its boring.  Coaster Studios in his review said he only rode it once and did not want to ride it again.  

CS is very opinionated about what he rides. When you have the longest coaster in the world, a lot of the elements are going to be drawn out more- larger hills, longer curves etc.

The final helix on Fury often gets scolded because its a longer curve that really starts to kill the train's momentum.

CS is very opinionated about what he rides. When you have the longest coaster in the world, a lot of the elements are going to be drawn out more- larger hills, longer curves etc.
The final helix on Fury often gets scolded because its a longer curve that really starts to kill the train's momentum.

true dat true dat

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

I have been wondering if the main reason that there hasn’t been a KIC event is simply because the site’s importance isn’t what it used to be. “Back in the day” KIC was pretty much the only game in town for the park to promote to it’s dedicated fans...now the park has a (very good) blog on their official site...add to that, their own Facebook, Twitter & Instagram accounts etc...they do not need this site to reach their fan base anymore.

I don’t think the park will ever truly like having a fan site exist that they can’t control 100%. (Would any company?) 

I do not come to this site for any perks, just (hopefully) good conversation between fellow fans.

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

It still amazes me how much the landscape has changed since 2008. Now we have three B&Ms, a GCI, a WindSeeker etc. Additionally three of the coasters in this picture are since gone. I love looking at these old shots because you can really see how things change over the years.

KingsIsland_AerialPhotos_Nov8_0024.jpg

https://www.KICentral.com/photos/displayimage.php?album=294&pid=7298

• Like 7

Orion will be a absolutely fantastic coaster. B&M knows what they’re doing. Before Mako opened I’ve heard a lot of people calling Mako a mediocre hyper, calling it to short in length, and other similar to things that people get upset with Orion with. And then people rode it, and now it’s arguably their best hyper in the world. Every element of Orion will be unique (except maybe the camelback) and really feel like nothing else. That first drop I can see being a contender for best in the world back seat.

• Like 6

10 minutes ago, standbyme said:

I do not come to this site for any perks, just (hopefully) good conversation between fellow fans.

I think you won this thread with your comment. If you're on this site just to seek out any potential benefits or perks, you're on here for the wrong reason.

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Orion will be a absolutely fantastic coaster. B&M knows what they’re doing. Before Mako opened I’ve heard a lot of people calling Mako a mediocre hyper, calling it to short in length, and other similar to things that people get upset with Orion with. And then people rode it, and now it’s arguably their best hyper in the world. Every element of Orion will be unique (except maybe the camelback) and really feel like nothing else. That first drop I can see being a contender for best in the world back seat.

bruh i already know it’s gonna be amazing... how amazing? that’s what we’ll find out when the park opens...
  • Like 1