Orion Construction Photos

IndyGuy4KI

11 minutes ago, MrSourNinja said:

It’s been a quiet last couple weeks. Here’s to hoping we get some pics with green grass, or maybe even a POV soon. :)

I doubt we see any updates until they can get back into the park to get footage.

• Like 5

I doubt we see any updates until they can get back into the park to get footage.

well it is early may rn, so anytime soon they’ll probably be getting back into the parks to prepare for opening... plz all we want is hope rn, no buzzkills plz...
  • Like 4

Just now, Marc3E said:

well it is early may rn, so anytime soon they’ll probably be getting back into the parks to prepare for opening... plz all we want is hope rn, no buzzkills plz...

Sorry was not trying to be a buzzkill. I am sure we will see something as soon as they can get back into the park.

• Like 5

On 4/29/2020 at 11:32 AM, hotrodyoda said:

RIP Screechin' Eagle.  The best stand-up in Ohio.

AMEN!  That coaster was insanely awesome.  EXTREMELY fun ejector air.  I rate it up there with Phoenix at Knoebels as best airtime I've ever gotten on a wooden coaster.   Heck - the last seat of the train had a high back to prevent people from flying out the back of the car. 

I am so glad I got to ride Screechin Eagle many times.  There will never, ever, be another coaster built like it - with that kind of out of your seat euphoria.  I will always miss it.

• Like 8

44 minutes ago, MrSourNinja said:

It’s been a quiet last couple weeks. Here’s to hoping we get some pics with green grass, or maybe even a POV soon. :)

I've been keeping an eye on the Diamondback "splashdown" for signs of being filled.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Shaggy said:

AMEN!  That coaster was insanely awesome.  EXTREMELY fun ejector air.  I rate it up there with Phoenix at Knoebels as best airtime I've ever gotten on a wooden coaster.   Heck - the last seat of the train had a high back to prevent people from flying out the back of the car. 

I am so glad I got to ride Screechin Eagle many times.  There will never, ever, be another coaster built like it - with that kind of out of your seat euphoria.  I will always miss it.

I was fortunate enough to ride screechin’ eagle a few times as a kid. Best ride at Americana, hands down.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

Not Orion related, but candymonium is testing at Hershey Park. Hopefully maintenance and construction crews go back into KI soon and we can start seeing Orion test again as well as other rides test. 

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=608316093102777&id=197689567498767

I hope your right. And WOW, Candymonium absolutely is hauling through that turn around. I hope ours is taken half that fast. 

• Like 2

On 4/29/2020 at 3:39 PM, King Ding Dong said:

Grass growing.  Good topic.   I bet they don’t try and grow from seed, that is hard to do in the spring and keep going into the heat of summer.  My guess is they use sod.  Then again watching grass grow from the webcams would give us something to talk about.  

They may sod some areas of the ride, but I would think most would be seed.  Sod is expensive.

• Like 1

On 5/5/2020 at 6:50 PM, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

Not Orion related, but candymonium is testing at Hershey Park. Hopefully maintenance and construction crews go back into KI soon and we can start seeing Orion test again as well as other rides test. 

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=608316093102777&id=197689567498767

Does Candymonium have a mid-course brake run? If not, that would be a welcome evolution!

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, befat said:

Does Candymonium have a mid-course brake run? If not, that would be a welcome evolution!

Nope, it'll be over 4,600 ft in length so it won't need one really and it'll speed over those hills. It bares a lot of similarities to Orion if you think about it

• Like 2

14 hours ago, SonofBaconator said:

Nope, it'll be over 4,600 ft in length so it won't need one really and it'll speed over those hills. It bares a lot of similarities to Orion if you think about it

I've thought about it and this statement appears to be correct.

• Like 2