Orion Construction Photos

IndyGuy4KI

38 minutes ago, FoF96" said:

They definitely don’t need inspectors to test.  The way it was explained to me when I was helping test lightning run was we could run the thing 24/7 if we wanted. But no one from the public is allowed to ride until the inspectors sign off on it

Can inspectors ride after they've inspected the ride? Hmmmm maybe that should be a requirement so I can change jobs and have perks :lol:

I almost forgot about that ride, haven't been to KK since kid hit 52' and wanted more "crazy coasters". She marathoned the heck out of that one though when we were there. 

Not sure if I’m supposed to say or not but park employees aren’t considered  “the public” Chance was there and did their testing before handing it over to the park with their blessing,  employees were riding at that point LOL

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

10 minutes ago, Maverick44 said:

Oh well trim brake shmimbrake. This will still be an awesome coaster no matter what! 

Yeah, I can't believe how slow the animated pov is compared to the real thing! It speeds through that first bank and the pacing is very consistent.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Kodistict said:

Yeah, I can't believe how slow the animated pov is compared to the real thing! It speeds through that first bank and the pacing is very consistent.

Right. On these videos people are posting of it testing. Its quick!

• Like 2

Trims do not a bad coaster make.  B&M purposely tries to attain close to 0g's on the crests of hills, hence the use of trims.  A bunch of coasters I favor have trims and don't make them bad in the slightest. 

That is, unless that coaster is a wild mouse.  Trims kind of ruin the purpose, as I experienced on Dorney's.  I also don't care for launch coasters that launch straight into trims. 

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, silver2005 said:

Trims do not a bad coaster make.  B&M purposely tries to attain close to 0g's on the crests of hills, hence the use of trims.  A bunch of coasters I favor have trims and don't make them bad in the slightest. 

True, I honestly think the trimmed hill on Diamondback delivers some of the best airtime on the entire ride.

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, Benjamin22 said:

Yeah but Behemoth is actually a good hyper coaster....

I've always heard it was the less popular of the 3 they installed to between '08-'10. It doesn't look as appealing to be because you have those 3 trim hills then that weird double helix after the MCBR but then again I've never ridden it to get the full experience. 

I still think Diamondback is one of the best hypers ever built because of where they placed the MCBR. To me, a break run can kill the experience but I don't feel that way on Diamondback. The MCBR is high enough to where it doesn't kill the momentum and the rest of the ride delivers good airtime and an awesome helix before hitting the splashdown.

I'm not a fan of hypers that have that high 90 degree turn like what your see on Intimidator, Mako, and Nitro.

• Like 3