Orion Construction Photos

IndyGuy4KI

Expect zero problems and flawless performance with the new geolocation crowd control measures.  :lol:

“Hey Steve check this out, 700 of our guests just showed up at the Kings High School and appear to be riding Diamondback, go check the webcams”. 

• Haha 4

I am still very intrigued about the opening of Orion and Area 72. I am still excited for the Orion soundtrack, the “pre-show” building, Orion’s light package, any additional theming, and the Meteor Canteen. Now that the park knows when they are opening, they are probably putting these final touches on. I cannot wait to see what it looks like.

• Like 5

I am still very intrigued about the opening of Orion and Area 72. I am still excited for the Orion soundtrack, the “pre-show” building, Orion’s light package, any additional theming, and the Meteor Canteen. Now that the park knows when they are opening, they are probably putting these final touches on. I cannot wait to see what it looks like.

dude i’m actually so excited and will be going as soon as i can (on a wednesday)
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, FUN&ONLY! said:

I have a feeling that they may have cut some of the theming stuff they were planning on doing as part of the budget cuts. Not all of them. Just some. I still think there will be something neat in the Quonset Hut building. 

I have a feeling that they may have cut some of the theming stuff they were planning on doing as part of the budget cuts. Not all of them. Just some. I still think there will be something neat in the Quonset Hut building. 

we’ll see when it opens... i sure hope they didn’t...
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

I really hope they didn’t. Is there any reason you feel this way? I am surprised that we have not seen much of it yet or any of the lighting package though.

13 minutes ago, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

I have a feeling that they may have cut some of the theming stuff they were planning on doing as part of the budget cuts. Not all of them. Just some.

1 minute ago, Benjamin22 said:

Cedar Fair has cut their Capex for this season, I wouldn't be surprised if some of the theming was canned.

Hopefully the theming was already been paid for a while ago

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Benjamin22 said:

Cedar Fair has cut their Capex for this season, I wouldn't be surprised if some of the theming was canned.

I would hope that the theming was already paid for and produced. I would think their cuts on spending would include parades and other 2021 additions.

• Like 2

You would also think the theming props were already in development too. Also, why would Kings Island install some of the theming and hold back on the rest of it.

The lighting package has to have already been installed long ago. Also, the Orion soundtrack has likely been finalized for months now.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, SonofBaconator said:

Hopefully the theming was already been paid for a while ago

They were still working on specific plans for the theming in January. Unfortunately, I think it would be one of the easier things to cut. I sure hope I’m wrong, but I’m not that optimistic with so much capital getting eliminated in both 2020 and 2021.

Even if it wasn’t cut, I seriously doubt it will be fully installed by whenever opening day is. The Notice of Commencement from 2018 listed Daniels Wood Land, and they’re based out of California. It took me almost a month to get a single book from Amazon; who knows how long it would take to ship potential props or other elements from California?

• Sad 1

They were still working on specific plans for the theming in January. Unfortunately, I think it would be one of the easier things to cut. I sure hope I’m wrong, but I’m not that optimistic with so much capital getting eliminated in both 2020 and 2021.
Even if it wasn’t cut, I seriously doubt it will be fully installed by whenever opening day is. The Notice of Commencement from 2018 listed Daniels Wood Land, and they’re based out of California. It took me almost a month to get a single book from Amazon; who knows how long it would take to ship potential props or other elements from California?

It’s the amusement industry where big bucks are on the line for an investment like this, I’d assume even with all that’s going on rn, they still try to get everything in and ready...
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, KIghostguy said:

Do you know any details on the development of the lighting package and soundtrack?

1 minute ago, KIghostguy said:

In response to your 1st point, hopefully it would be something to incorporate in later seasons if and when the chain is able to spend the money

In response to your 2nd point, if it is indeed already paid for and might not get installed even when the ride debuts, at least its something extra to look forward to down the road

• Like 2