Orion Construction Photos

IndyGuy4KI

1 minute ago, KIghostguy said:

And Instagram, Twitter and YouTube made up $0.00 of that.

Did people really think I was talking about billboards? I was talking about Instagram and Twitter.

I've been picking up what you are laying down.  I do have to point out, though, that on SM platforms, you can have a free business account, but Facebook, for instance, charges you to "boost" your posts to reach a wider audience.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, BeeastFarmer said:

I've been picking up what you are laying down.  I do have to point out, though, that on SM platforms, you can have a free business account, but Facebook, for instance, charges you to "boost" your posts to reach a wider audience.

I had to pay some money to promote some content on a Instagram page I was working on and I had different options and payment plans I could chose from. Those were pretty affordable though and nowhere near the cost of a tv/radio or billboard advertisement.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, KIghostguy said:

And Instagram, Twitter and YouTube made up $0.00 of that.

Did people really think I was talking about billboards? I was talking about Instagram and Twitter. Are people on here really that dense?

And not everything on this forum is about YOU - I was not referencing you - where did I say I was referencing you?

I was simply pointing out how much CF spends in advertising since people seem to think they don't spend money marketing the park.

But since you brought it up, do you know for a fact that CF doesn't spend any money on social media platforms to improve their reach or is that just a high school kid's experience based on your own free personal social media accounts?  Take some of the advice @Oldschool75offered you earlier...

• Like 1

I think it suffices to say that very few of us here know the inner workings of the park and their marketing efforts.  I can just say, from my perspective, that while I would do something this way or the other way, I am not in that position.  So in reality, my opinion is moot.  The park cheerleaders will love it and the critics will not love it, but in the end, we have an awesome new roller coaster that we will get to ride soon.  Tensions are high in our country right now, with the COVID 19 situation, racial tensions, political divisions and a multitude of other problems, but one thing that unites all of us is a love for the park.  Can we not put our personal biases on hold and look forward to what is going to happen in the next month or so?

• Like 6

I again come back that you can over do it on any platform.  If I some business starts sending me an email every day I just might unsubscribe.  Same with Twitter. If I am bombarded with too many tweets from kingsislandPR I will get annoyed and unfollow.  

You can’t necessarily advertise yourself into success.  

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, BeeastFarmer said:

I think it suffices to say that very few of us here know the inner workings of the park and their marketing efforts.  I can just say, from my perspective, that while I would do something this way or the other way, I am not in that position.  So in reality, my opinion is moot.  The park cheerleaders will love it and the critics will not love it, but in the end, we have an awesome new roller coaster that we will get to ride soon.  Tensions are high in our country right now, with the COVID 19 situation, racial tensions, political divisions and a multitude of other problems, but one thing that unites all of us is a love for the park.  Can we not put our personal biases on hold and look forward to what is going to happen in the next month or so?

Exactly!

Instead of celebrating the park can open, people are now criticizing that the park doesn't do enough to market itself.

Let's see if people feel that way once the reservation system opens up and they cannot get a reservation because they were not fast enough and it "sold out"! 

KI will have plenty of demand for attendance and will probably hit whatever cap they are required to work at almost daily.  Proof that they have the product people want and why they market the way they do.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, King Ding Dong said:

I again come back that you can over do it on any platform.  If I some business starts sending me an email every day I just might unsubscribe.  Same with Twitter. If I am bombarded with too many tweets from kingsislandPR I will get annoyed and unfollow.  

You can’t necessarily advertise yourself into success.  

Coca-Cola, ChemLawn and cigarette companies would tend to disagree with you.

1 hour ago, gforce1994 said:

People have begun to expect those companies’ advertisements on frequent basis.

Begun?  Coca-Cola has the most recognized name.  Trugreen acquired ChemLawn in 1992, dropped the name in 2007 (Trugreen ChemLawn became simply Trugreen) and after 13 years, many people refer to chemical lawn care as "Chemlawn" no matter who provides the service.  Not gonna discuss the tobacco companies because that is a thesis in and of itself.  

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, collin.klopfstein said:

I think this might be on the back of the van in the entrance of Orion? Idk

Looks like it or maybe they have installed additional theming! I really like these subtle teasers, and I hope the park shares more updates!

• Like 3