Orion Construction Photos

IndyGuy4KI

1 minute ago, KIghostguy said:

Flight of Fear, I assume it’s supposed to belong to the news crew we see in the queue video.

Ah yeah, that would make more sense. Suppose it makes sense that they would want to redo the queue line for FoF. Was a bit outdated

"Theme park expert Dennis Speigel, of the Ohio-based International Theme Park Services, said he is advising his clients with big new attractions to keep them under wraps and wait for the next normal vacation season to have a splashy debut."

https://www.tampabay.com/arts-entertainment/fun/theme-parks/2020/06/09/busch-gardens-president-talks-reopening-safety-and-when-we-can-ride-iron-gwazi/

Thoughts on Orion being pushed back to next year?

• Confused 1

9 minutes ago, coaster sally said:

"Theme park expert Dennis Speigel, of the Ohio-based International Theme Park Services, said he is advising his clients with big new attractions to keep them under wraps and wait for the next normal vacation season to have a splashy debut."

https://www.tampabay.com/arts-entertainment/fun/theme-parks/2020/06/09/busch-gardens-president-talks-reopening-safety-and-when-we-can-ride-iron-gwazi/

I feel like it will lose its luster if it opens next season.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, coaster sally said:

Not a chance it happens.  Less than 0%.

• Like 1

Definitely not happening, Chad confirmed it when he tweeted out “are you guys ready for Orion?” (Not exactly words)... This is not SeaWorld...
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, coaster sally said:

Well that is one possible strategy, goes against commonly held marketing beliefs and logic, guess we will see how it turns out cotton. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, coaster sally said:

It won’t. The park confirmed on May 8 it will open with the rest of the park: https://www.visitkingsisland.com/park-update

Plus the First Rider Auction is on July 1. It’s opening with the park.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, YOULLBEBACK said:

Do we know exactly how the queue for FOF has changed?  I hope they don't change that goofy 90's "X-Files" pre-show video inside the building but have a feeling they will.  Really looking forward to seeing Area 72.

All we know so far is that they extended the outside queue line, but we don’t know what has changed with the indoor queue line.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, coaster sally said:

What parks does Dennis Speigel actually advise?  

You can find a list on their website: http://www.interthemepark.com/theme-park-projects.html

To dismiss someone completely just because they’ve gotten predictions wrong is extremely close-minded. Dennis Speigel still has a significant influence in the amusement industry.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, YOULLBEBACK said:

Do we know exactly how the queue for FOF has changed?  I hope they don't change that goofy 90's "X-Files" pre-show video inside the building but have a feeling they will.  Really looking forward to seeing Area 72.

Same here, I'm not expecting anything huge, like the saucer and lighting effects are definitely still there, especially after they just updated the LEDs a few years ago. But I could potentially see a new queue show or props (the tube tvs, and computers are starting to look a bit dated), but I honestly hope they didn't change too much. I kinda wish we got new custom Premier trains for a smoother ride or on-board audio, but I doubt they'd spend that much on a ride approaching 26 years.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, CoasterJack said:

Same here, I'm not expecting anything huge, like the saucer and lighting effects are definitely still there, especially after they just updated the LEDs a few years ago. But I could potentially see a new queue show or props (the tube tvs, and computers are starting to look a bit dated), but I honestly hope they didn't change too much. I kinda wish we got new custom Premier trains for a smoother ride or on-board audio, but I doubt they'd spend that much on a ride approaching 26 years.

The ride is indoors so maybe it will have a longer shelf life. 

• Like 1

I’d be so thankful if they put new trains on that thing...
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, KIghostguy said:

You can find a list on their website: http://www.interthemepark.com/theme-park-projects.html

To dismiss someone completely just because they’ve gotten predictions wrong is extremely close-minded. Dennis Speigel still has a significant influence in the amusement industry.

Well you dismissed him saying that parks should wait till next year to promote new for 2020 rides?

7 hours ago, coaster sally said:

I don't see it happening. Just because the ride is done and doesn't need to wait until next year to open. Plus the park already confirmed it will open with the park and the first rider auction is scheduled for July 1st. Now I don't see them doing anything for 2021 so that they can still heavily market Orion since there will likely be lots of people who will miss out on it this year. 

• Like 2

Guys KI’s not going to put off Orion’s opening until next year, they’ve said multiple times that they’re gonna be opening it up this year regardless, Chad’s confirmed that it will be opening up this year, and the first rider event is July 1st... yes Dennis has had great influence in the industry, but last I checked he’s not running the park currently... Orion will be opening with the park this year...

• Like 1

I don't see it happening. Just because the ride is done and doesn't need to wait until next year to open. Plus the park already confirmed it will open with the park and the first rider auction is scheduled for July 1st. Now I don't see them doing anything for 2021 so that they can still heavily market Orion since there will likely be lots of people who will miss out on it this year. 

Yes that makes sense! Exactly what I mean!

2 hours ago, Marc3E said:

I’d be so thankful if they put new trains on that thing...

I don't know if new trains a la Full Throttle would work well.  FOF has too many abrupt changes in direction.  The way you're snugged into the seats seems fairly critical to not making those transitions more jarring on an open torso.

I don't know if new trains a la Full Throttle would work well.  FOF has too many abrupt changes in direction.  The way you're snugged into the seats seems fairly critical to not making those transitions more jarring on an open torso.

All I know is that the current trains hurt...
  • Like 3

20 minutes ago, Marc3E said:

Guys KI’s not going to put off Orion’s opening until next year, they’ve said multiple times that they’re gonna be opening it up this year regardless, Chad’s confirmed that it will be opening up this year, and the first rider event is July 1st... yes Dennis has had great influence in the industry, but last I checked he’s not running the park currently... Orion will be opening with the park this year...

With the negative response to the m@sks, I don't think Orion being delayed would be the smartest move in the world. If anything some may offset the chance to ride Orion as being enough reason to tolerate a m@sk and go.

• Like 2