Orion Construction Photos

IndyGuy4KI

Soooo...any new photos of the ride?  Anything?  It's almost like this new record-breaking coaster at Kings Island doesn't exist.

I’ll have a drink to that, sadly tho I haven’t seen any other than the one on KI’s insta/twitter/Facebook/myspa-

7 minutes ago, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

I'm thankful that the FOF trains now aren't what they used to be. I heard it used to have hard over the shoulder restraints. I think those would've hurt on those transitions. 

The ride was almost unrideable before switching to the lapbars, which are also extremely uncomfortable.

4 minutes ago, LovinMeSomeBanshee said:

Soooo...any new photos of the ride?  Anything?  It's almost like this new record-breaking coaster at Kings Island doesn't exist.

It exists. It's real. And it's spectacular! We'll be sharing photos and video of one of the most anticipated new rides in the world when the time is right to do so. 

• Like 22
  • Thanks 3

It exists. It's real. And it's spectacular! We'll be sharing photos and video of one of the most anticipated new rides in the world when the time is right to do so. 

Sweet, I wanna see some trains rolling! Hopefully I’ll be able to make it to opening day!

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, FUN&ONLY! said:

https://mobile.twitter.com/chadshowalter/status/1271494979001692162

Here is a teaser from Chad Showalter. What this is is anybody’s guess. Personally, I think it looks like an introductory clip to a promo video!

It's reminding me of the doomsday movies that show earth in the background with an asteroid coming at it.

Rush to launch the volunteers before it's too late, countdown to impact clocks, trajectory of impacts. There's sooo much they could do with it, excited to see.

Guess if they want to really get into theming, astronauts can't launch with any symptoms of being sick, soooo they're screening us all.

2 hours ago, DonHelbig said:

Just and idea but with all the zoom, webex meetings, etc.  It would be nice not just to have a POV but also a reverse POV so I can have my grand kids believing I'm on the ride when we have our weekly online meeting ;) 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, FUN&ONLY! said:

Here is a teaser from Chad Showalter. What this is is anybody’s guess. Personally, I think it looks like an introductory clip to a promo video!

Remember when an asteroid hitting the planet was considered catastrophic!  They need to change it from an asteroid to a COVID-19 molecule.  Now that's terrifying :):)

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, robintodd said:

Remember when an asteroid hitting the planet was considered catastrophic!  They need to change it from an asteroid to a COVID-19 molecule.  Now that's terrifying :):)

They don’t want to scare people away from the park! LOL!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, FUN&ONLY! said:

i havent been following, do we still think theres a theming building in the queue? if there is, this could be a video that plays in there.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

In the email I got earlier this week said that additional information on the first rider auction will be released later this week. It is now later this week and I haven't gotten anything yet. Has anyone here gotten anything on it yet? 

Best I can think for an answer right now:

images (1).jpeg

13 hours ago, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

In the email I got earlier this week said that additional information on the first rider auction will be released later this week. It is now later this week and I haven't gotten anything yet. Has anyone here gotten anything on it yet? 

There's still two days left before the end of the week.

• Like 11

19 hours ago, DonHelbig said:

Awesome! Sounds amazing, Don. Can't wait to ride! Is it your new favorite Giga?

https://mobile.twitter.com/KingsIslandPR/status/1271797517009784833

This is cool! I like how they are making Area 72 its own area of the park to distinguish it from Coney Mall. Now Area 72 has a restaurant, games, and two rollercoasters (one of them being the largest ride in the park). I wonder if this game is before you go under Racer or after you go under Racer if it is located near the Area 72 entrance. I also wonder if Orion will have its own merchandise stand like Mystic Timbers has outside the exit.

Also, I can’t say the park isn’t providing any updates or teasers anymore. They are doing a great job! They have been sharing new angles of Orion and in the past few days, they shared two updates for the 2020 season that nobody knew (this new game and the new Dodgem sign). While these are small updates, they go a long way, and I can’t wait to see what else is new for 2020.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, FUN&ONLY! said:

https://mobile.twitter.com/KingsIslandPR/status/1271797517009784833

This is cool! I like how they are making Area 72 its own area of the park to distinguish it from Coney Mall. Now Area 72 has a restaurant, games, and two rollercoasters (one of them being the largest ride in the park). I wonder if this game is before you go under Racer or after you go under Racer if it is located near the Area 72 entrance. I also wonder if Orion will have its own merchandise stand like Mystic Timbers has outside the exit.

Located by the Area 72 entrance, makes me think it's the one before going under Racers

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, PatchesC said:

Located by the Area 72 entrance, makes me think it's the one before going under Racers

Probably because they don’t want to contest Area 72 more than they need to. I assume it is the closet game to The Racer under the huge games building.

• Like 1