Orion Construction Photos

IndyGuy4KI

3 hours ago, FUN&ONLY! said:

https://mobile.twitter.com/KingsIslandPR/status/1271797517009784833

This is cool! I like how they are making Area 72 its own area of the park to distinguish it from Coney Mall. Now Area 72 has a restaurant, games, and two rollercoasters (one of them being the largest ride in the park). I wonder if this game is before you go under Racer or after you go under Racer if it is located near the Area 72 entrance. I also wonder if Orion will have its own merchandise stand like Mystic Timbers has outside the exit.

Also, I can’t say the park isn’t providing any updates or teasers anymore. They are doing a great job! They have been sharing new angles of Orion and in the past few days, they shared two updates for the 2020 season that nobody knew (this new game and the new Dodgem sign). While these are small updates, they go a long way, and I can’t wait to see what else is new for 2020.

Oh yeah, there was already a water game before The Racer entrance, they're just adding new prizes to it.

Also, visited the park today. Didn't go inside, but got a good look at Orion. It really does look a lot bigger in person, even from the parking lot.

• Like 2

I'm thankful that the FOF trains now aren't what they used to be. I heard it used to have hard over the shoulder restraints. I think those would've hurt on those transitions. 

It did and here’s a photo of the restraints.

9317406cfbff7a39a267d8111b18c63b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 5

17 minutes ago, IceePirate said:

I do kind of wish they went with a bright orange track color with either blue or green supports. Not sure which one would look better though, I guess I just like orange track lol

Member @DustinTheNow did a couple different color options before Orion was officially announced. 

Here's what it would look like orange

8357EF51-275F-40E4-9598-11E56EB30CA7.png.988843bcad59010b7dbd3c83d4155f25.png

• Like 7

48 minutes ago, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

Just got an email from Don with details about the event on July 1st! Anyone who is participating, check your email! 

I am participating, but I didn't get the email

40 minutes ago, KI FANATIC 37 said:

I like the blue a lot too. I would have loved black supports, but I think the silver will age much better.

Originally I wanted white track with blue supports because you don't really see white track on a lot of steel coasters but I'm happy with the color we got

709B621B-2A62-4F89-B7ED-93B38F5BCC07.png.621159102eef6a8e1c0ef26b791590d3.png

Also on a slightly unrelated note, I was a little suprised Orion wasn't given an underbelly paint scheme like what you see above. Fury and Valravn have different colored underbellies and I think they're a super unique way to incorporate a 3rd color.

• Like 2

As someone who registered for media day, I look forward to helping the park hype Orion. That is assuming enthusiast participation in media day is still desired by the park and can be accomplished under the current conditions.

Changes to the format must be necessary not only in order to social distance among the media, but to ensure the desired message is being conveyed. Kings Island somehow has to strike a balance between "we have an amazing new addition that we want you to come ride", and "queuing for our amazing new addition won't look like a SRO concert". The park may still be determining how to best approach this. Hoping to hear a date soon so that I can ensure my schedule is open!

• Like 1