Orion Construction Photos

IndyGuy4KI

Now that is an impressive angle! I would expect, maybe not daily updates, but probably close to it as the park prepares to launch its largest investment ever. Cannot wait to get some shots of this monster. Especially some that we haven't seen similar shots of!

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

Just got an email from Don. There will not be an ACE media day event like planned. If I were to take a guess, due to restrictions, I think they may pick a time to invite some news media people only out to check out the ride. I can't wait for the first rider auction though! 

This is obviously not happy news. But it is understandable given the circumstances. I imagine you are correct that certain members of news media will still be given an opportunity to showcase the ride.

As a non-passholder who didn’t sign up for the first rider event, it’s going to be a long wait. :( Or cave and buy a pass...

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, MrPKI said:

This is obviously not happy news. But it is understandable given the circumstances. I imagine you are correct that certain members of news media will still be given an opportunity to showcase the ride.

As a non-passholder who didn’t sign up for the first rider event, it’s going to be a long wait. :( Or cave and buy a pass...

I really feel bad for the park.  What a horrible position to be in.  They have added the biggest new toy in their history and cant show it off, or invite all their friends over to play the way they'd like.

I know some may be upset, complain, argue, point fingers, rant and rave etc (after all, that's what people seem to do on social media.)  But I am positive Kings Island is as frustrated and saddened by this as anyone - and they'd change it if they could.

Everyone will have a chance to ride, some sooner than later, but ultimately this whole situation is a bummer from all sides.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

53 minutes ago, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

Just got an email from Don. There will not be an ACE media day event like planned. If I were to take a guess, due to restrictions, I think they may pick a time to invite some news media people only out to check out the ride. I can't wait for the first rider auction though! 

That's disappointing for ACE members, hope alot of them make it to the first rider. 

1 hour ago, Shaggy said:

I really feel bad for the park.  What a horrible position to be in.  They have added the biggest new toy in their history and cant show it off, or invite all their friends over to play the way they'd like.

Absolutely agree, it is an unenviable situation that parks (and many other  businesses) have to be in right now - even more so for a park that just made such a massive investment.

The other day my brother asked me if I was aware of any discounts to Dollywood. My impression is Dollywood doesn’t seem to offer all that many during a typical year; they probably don’t need to! But for any park to aggressively promote itself right now feels risky. Social distancing is the expectation and the park needs to assure the public that can be accomplished. Parks may also be uncertain about demand within their market. Enticing people to come through the gates then subsequently having to deny them because of a capacity restriction isn’t a good look.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Gplez90 said:

We don’t necessarily NEED a POV. It would be much appreciated though! 

Kings Island stated that the POV will be released around the opening of Orion. The Orion Webcam will also go back online around the park’s opening.

• Like 2

Just now, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

Chad Showalter just tweeted that a "never seen before" POV will be released on Twitter at 8:30 tonight! Could it be the Orion POV that we've been waiting for! We'll find out at 8:30!

I was just about to post that lol

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

Chad Showalter just tweeted that a "never seen before" POV will be released on Twitter at 8:30 tonight! Could it be the Orion POV that we've been waiting for! We'll find out at 8:30!

Watch it be the POV of like Kenton’s Cove Keelboat Canal or like Bavarian Beetle (which would be very cool). Or maybe they are finally updating The Vortex POV. LOL! Hopefully it is Orion, but the park could be messing with us and releasing some other POV.

Notice how the picture is from last year directed at where Orion is now. That could be a subtle teaser.

• Like 6

Watch it be the POV of like Kenton’s Cove Keelboat Canal or like Bavarian Beetle (which would be very cool). Or maybe they are finally updating The Vortex POV. LOL! Hopefully it is Orion, but the park could be messing with us and releasing some other POV.
Notice how the picture is from last year directed at where Orion is now. That could be a subtle teaser.

Or great pumpkin coaster
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, IceePirate said:

The indoor launch has to be one of my favorite things on a coaster

I wish they had a camera pointed at the boarding queue. My kids face when we were waiting to board was priceless. The launch had her jaw drop and eyes about pop out of her head then get more excited. :lol:

• Haha 1