Orion Construction Photos

IndyGuy4KI

36 minutes ago, collin.klopfstein said:

Slightly off-topic, but after all these years (decades), seeing the Eiffel Tower "towering" behind the entrance gate like that still gets me every time!  

• Like 3

Just now, hotrodyoda said:

So, what row is everyone gonna try to grab for their first ride on Orion?  I have a feeling the back row is gonna be the ticket, but it's hard to pass up a front-row first ride.

Whatever row they assign me! :lol:

• Like 4

1 minute ago, hotrodyoda said:

So, what row is everyone gonna try to grab for their first ride on Orion?  I have a feeling the back row is gonna be the ticket, but it's hard to pass up a front-row first ride.

How many rows are there?  If it is an even number and they skip a row for distancing, either the front or back row will have to be empty.  :P

How many rows are there?  If it is an even number and they skip a row for distancing, either the front or back row will have to be empty.  

They’ll have the first row open no doubt, it’s a question of wether they’ll have the back row open...

If you see a drone post, please just report it and do not engage others. Just let the mods do their job. 

There is always going to be the park policy vs what is legally allowed. We have beat it to a pulp on here. See the TOS if you are unsure of KIC's stance on the subject.

• Like 4

40 minutes ago, hotrodyoda said:

You'd almost rather them skip two rows at the end of the train to have the back one open.

I'd predict that is what they'll do since their would be four available rows either way. It should go...

Rows 1, 3, 5, 8 as opposed to 1, 3, 5, 7.

• Like 6

11 minutes ago, BeastForever said:

I'd predict that is what they'll do since their would be four available rows either way. It would go...

Rows 1, 3, 5, 8 as opposed to 1, 3, 5, 7.

I hope you're right. You would have to think they know people value the back row right? Also, until trains run at full capacity, we aren't going to get a top speed ride before the trim, :(

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, MrSourNinja said:

I hope you're right. You would have to think they know people value the back row right? Also, until trains run at full capacity, we aren't going to get a top speed ride before the trim, :(

While you're right, the additional mass that a fully-loaded train adds to the total mass of the train is just a small percentage.  Say, you have a fully loaded train of 32 people at 200lb each.  That's 6,400 lb on a train that when empty weighs 40k+.  It's not going to drastically change the conservation of momentum, especially with how good modern lubrication is.

I just saw an Instagram post about how some of the higher ups in the park has created fake accounts on social media to track down those who illegally fly over the park. 

I thought we agreed to stop talking about it...
  • Like 1