Orion Construction Photos

IndyGuy4KI

Yes, but I think that this is something worth mentioning that the park is trying to crack down on it. Let's not argue about the drone policy though. I think we should end it here. 

Yes let’s plz stop arguing about it, i don’t believe this is the place to argue about it...

42 minutes ago, hotrodyoda said:

So, what row is everyone gonna try to grab for their first ride on Orion?  I have a feeling the back row is gonna be the ticket, but it's hard to pass up a front-row first ride.

Wherever they put me but inside row because kid and husband called outside dibs for first time

• Haha 1

On 6/18/2020 at 6:49 PM, MrSourNinja said:

I hope you're right. You would have to think they know people value the back row right? Also, until trains run at full capacity, we aren't going to get a top speed ride before the trim, :(

I hope so too!

That having said, if anything I'd think the 1, 3, 5, 8 configuration I've mentioned would be more in the interest of social distancing anyway. Since, an even number of rows implies there's going to be an extra "wasted" row, might as well put that row somewhere other than the very back or very front.

On another note, I wonder how seating for Racer and Beast (or any coaster with 3- bench trains) will go. If anything, one could make the case that the gap between the cars would be enough to qualify as "appropriately" distanced, and thus the capacity could be cut by just a third instead of by half.

The trade-off to this however, is no middle (non-wheel) seats on any of the cars. We'll just have to wait and see...

• Like 2

I hope so too!
That having said, if anything I'd think it be more wise to use the configuration I've mentioned in the interesting of social distancing anyway. Since there's an even number, and going to be a "wasted" row, might as well put that row somewhere other than the very back or very front.
On another note, I wonder how seating for Racer and Beast (or any coaster with 3- bench trains) will go. If anything, one could make the case that the distance between the cars would be enough to qualify as "appropriate" distanced, and thus the capacity would be cut by a third instead of by half.
The tradeoff to this however, is no middle (non-wheel) seats on any of the cars. We'll just have to wait and see...

Thankfully the front wheel seats are fine, it’s the back wheel seats that are a kicker:..

30 minutes ago, BeastForever said:

That having said, if anything I'd think the 1, 3, 5, 8 configuration I've mentioned would be more in the interest of social distancing anyway.

That's how Dollywood choose to on their coasters, front rows of each car  skipping the last and first row of the last car and having the very last row open. 
they know many like front and very back rides so spaced accordingly. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BeastForever said:

I hope so too!

That having said, if anything I'd think the 1, 3, 5, 8 configuration I've mentioned would be more in the interest of social distancing anyway. Since, an even number of rows implies there's going to be an extra "wasted" row, might as well put that row somewhere other than the very back or very front.

On another note, I wonder how seating for Racer and Beast (or any coaster with 3- bench trains) will go. If anything, one could make the case that the distance between the cars would be enough to qualify as "appropriate" distanced, and thus the capacity could be cut by just a third instead of by half.

The trade-off to this however, is no middle (non-wheel) seats on any of the cars. We'll just have to wait and see...

For the sake of argument, Id like to see them do just outside seats(1 and 4) down the train instead of skipping rows and I have a strong feeling that Orion is going to be a Row 1 Seat 1 coaster like Fury.

This is more of a side note, but I really love how Orion's logo is an upside-down triangle, much like a certain other ride... ;)

It's been so cool to watch this behemoth come to life, and I am super stoked to ride it!

-BFF, witnessing the most unique segue into her fourth season...

• Like 5

I honestly wish Mystic Timbers soundtrack would play one or two notches higher in the que line. I find it to be a little quiet. The trailer has some really nice sub bass to it. It would be really cool if in the pre-show room a trailer would be played that included a nice sound system with an ample subwoofer to really get you hyped up for the ride!

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, bengalsguy23 said:

I honestly wish Mystic Timbers soundtrack would play one or two notches higher in the que line. I find it to be a little quiet. The trailer has some really nice sub bass to it. It would be really cool if in the pre-show room a trailer would be played that included a nice sound system with an ample subwoofer to really get you hyped up for the ride!

I believe they don't have the soundtrack in the MT queue higher because of the Fun TV's. 

According to Amusement Insiders, Leviathan at Canada’s Wonderland had rows 2, 4, 5, and 7 blocked off in order to take advantage of both the front and back rows. I think Kings Island will likely do the same for Orion and probably all other rides.

D10F5535-89DE-4E22-A9C8-E6932E0C49CA.png

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

I believe they don't have the soundtrack in the MT queue higher because of the Fun TV's. 

I think adding FunTVs in the queue of Mystic Timbers was easily the worst decision they made about that ride. I’m curious, is there some sort of contractual obligation for their sponsors that requires every ride to have multiple FunTVs? It makes no sense to me that they spent so much time and effort on the great theming package, and then added all those tacky and unthemed FunTVs.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, FUN&ONLY! said:

According to Amusement Insiders, Leviathan at Canada’s Wonderland had rows 2, 4, 5, and 7 blocked off in order to take advantage of both the front and back rows. I think Kings Island will likely do the same for Orion and probably all other rides.

That’s even better then having 1,3,5,8 open. Unless of course you like middle :P

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

I get it but at the same time that’s a really lame reason. Would much rather listen to theming then hear advertisements for Fast Lane. 

34 minutes ago, FUN&ONLY! said:

I find it funny the riders seem to be holding on to their masks in this photo. The major proponents of masks in the community  all say there is little to no chance of the mask coming off on a roller coaster. 

13 minutes ago, bengalsguy23 said:

Why not let a mod address it when they get to it? Instead of going back into the same argument this forum has been getting into for months. 

Ok